Looking for car trailer to rent

aussiek2000

Hoping to trailer my car to LS fest this year. Anyone have a trailer I can rent? Would be sept 7-12. Open or enclosed. Would be using my dads 2500, not my tacoma. please PM me if interested so we can discuss the $$$$

What kind of car. Is it lowered? U haul trailers suck unless you've got some regular ass regular car with a lot of ground clearance.

Its lowered, but not slammed. 3" of clearance at the front bumper I'd say

I might be able to just haul it for you....Not 100% sure Im trailering....But I have a triple trailer....and I will have one or two of my own going.

I wouldn't really want to inconvenience any body else. We are taking my dad's new 2500, so it's no biggie to throw my car on the back if I can find a trailer.

Problem is most people dot loan trailers....too easy to damage and not like a car on them being insured.....and thats also why almost no one rents trailers as well.....They would get trashed on the regular. I wish you luck getting a trailer to rent or borrow...your better of finding a good deal, buying one, using it for what you want and selling it off at the same or slightly less cost....Thats your best bet really.

Problem is most people dot loan trailers....too easy to damage and not like a car on them being insured.....and thats also why almost no one rents trailers as well.....They would get trashed on the regular. I wish you luck getting a trailer to rent or borrow...your better of finding a good deal, buying one, using it for what you want and selling it off at the same or slightly less cost....Thats your best bet really.

And that's kind of what I figured. But Figured I would ask here being as people are more tight knit and have respect for others' property.

This isn't a horrible suggestion honestly. Trailers don't really lose much value so if you can swing the buying and selling then it'll likely cost you less than renting in the end.

Renting is tough too because it's hard to quantify cost per dollar on tires/brakes and wear and tear.

I really don't want to lay out the cash for a trailer, registration, maintenance, etc. I don't have a place to store it or a vehicle to adequately tow it. My dad is coming to LS fest with me and we are using his truck.

I wasn't thinking $20 for borrowing someone trailer. I'd definitely make it worth their time.

I am planning to ask one of my Coworkers who has an enclosed. He is on a 5000mi offroading trip through Canada at the moment. I think he is back Tues 5th and Ill see if its rentable unless you get something prior.

I am planning to ask one of my Coworkers who has an enclosed. He is on a 5000mi offroading trip through Canada at the moment. I think he is back Tues 5th and Ill see if its rentable unless you get something prior.

thanks. let me know

^^^BEST^^^ advice I have seen in a long time!!!!!

Same here.....I own Three Trailers......Single open, single enclosed and a Triple Gooseneck.....Trailers cost a lot to buy and maintain and in a brief moment of a lapse of jusdgement or just misjudgement, thousands in damage can be dont to the trailer and anything around them......Collateral would have to be had for most to "loan" a trailer out. Like I said, If you want something moved for LS Fest, Ill be happy to try to accomodate you at nothing more than a few bucks for fuel. I move cars for a living, so I know how to transport things safely.....Its not a hobby or byproduct of one for me....Its how I make a living currently. Ill be going to LS Fest most likely anyway.....So adding another vehicle if there is room wont be a big deal for myself. Otherwise, Uhaul will be 110% your best bet IMO.

Same here.....I own Three Trailers......Single open, single enclosed and a Triple Gooseneck.....Trailers cost a lot to buy and maintain and in a brief moment of a lapse of jusdgement or just misjudgement, thousands in damage can be dont to the trailer and anything around them......Collateral would have to be had for most to "loan" a trailer out. Like I said, If you want something moved for LS Fest, Ill be happy to try to accomodate you at nothing more than a few bucks for fuel. I move cars for a living, so I know how to transport things safely.....Its not a hobby or byproduct of one for me....Its how I make a living currently. Ill be going to LS Fest most likely anyway.....So adding another vehicle if there is room wont be a big deal for myself. Otherwise, Uhaul will be 110% your best bet IMO.

I 100% agree, I have several trailers and people often wonder why I wont just let them use them. Insurance cost, misc maintenence, license tabs alone is $500 a year. The few times I did let people use them, they came back scratched or damaged and nobody seems to step up. Just not worth the few bucks.

Anyone who is serious, PM me. I'm not talking a "few bucks" rental fee.

If this is the case, then why not just go get a uhaul trailer? Rent It for a few days return it with out a care in the world if your damaged it.

Just got a quote from uhauls website $62.95 a day with insurance so for 5 days $315.

Cant imagine your going to have clearance issues, if you do you most likely will with some one elses trailer, and just get some wood to get it on there.

I 100% agree, I have several trailers and people often wonder why I wont just let them use them. Insurance cost, misc maintenence, license tabs alone is $500 a year. The few times I did let people use them, they came back scratched or damaged and nobody seems to step up. Just not worth the few bucks.

This is the truth everytime mine is used be someone they mess it up and don't step up

Get the uhaul and get insurance and you are good to go