Improving Drive by wire throttle response

Geeto67

I had one with different sensitivities/"maps" you could set it to. It was awesome while I had it... the pain about it was that the company got sued prior to my purchase by someone who left it in full throttle mode/ultra sensitive mode and accidentally drove through their garage door. They changed the programming so it had to be set every time you started your car or it would default to fuel saving mode... I sent it back.

I have friends that have ones from other manufacturers that wouldn't go with out one.

Why not just get a flash to the ECU, are these a lot cheaper?

From what I am seeing on the cost of ECU flashes they are around $800-$1000 for someone's code to fix this plus the labor to flash. I could be wrong though. The modules I am seeing are between $100 - $300 so it is much cheaper. I don't want to mod the car yet, it's the thing I use to haul the kid to daycare, but the pedal lag is noticeable.

I had one with different sensitivities/"maps" you could set it to. It was awesome while I had it... the pain about it was that the company got sued prior to my purchase by someone who left it in full throttle mode/ultra sensitive mode and accidentally drove through their garage door. They changed the programming so it had to be set every time you started your car or it would default to fuel saving mode... I sent it back.

I have friends that have ones from other manufacturers that wouldn't go with out one.

This is how Ford does it in the mustang and how Si drive works on an STI, drives me nuts to change to sport# each time. I feel I should be able to program the fob to be Sport# if I use mine in the car (like how the red fob works in a hellcat), but no...

Has anybody use a drive by wire throttle booster for their modern car? The laggy pedal in the BMW is driving me nuts. Thoughts?

What model is it?

All of that shit is changeable with Cobb. After trying a few different settings, I actually went back and prefer the stock pedal map for my 535i.

What model is it?

All of that shit is changeable with Cobb. After trying a few different settings, I actually went back and prefer the stock pedal map for my 535i.

325xi. 2.5L NA engine. What's the Cobb run?

What model is it?

The linear throttle map drove me fucking crazy. I too prefer the stock throttle maps.

This is how Ford does it in the mustang and how Si drive works on an STI, drives me nuts to change to sport# each time. I feel I should be able to program the fob to be Sport# if I use mine in the car (like how the red fob works in a hellcat), but no...

Same in my Dodge. It's a pain to pick "Sport Mode" every damn time.