Stranger Things (spoilers inside)

RC K9

So...Are any of you watching this show on Netflix? I was born in '83 and my wife in '84, so we can't get enough of this. Hands down one of the most amazing series we have ever seen up to this point.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

show premise? I was born in '83.

I think it's like a mixture of Goonies, E.T., Super 8, and some X-Files. The music is perfection for shows of that era, even the lettering on the font for the intro is perfect. It's thrilling, creepy, etc. My wife and I are in agreement that this is the only show we have ever seen other than Game of Thrones where we can't wait to watch the next episode.

• 3 weeks later...

I just was about to search for a thread about this show. Man, did they get the '80s vibe as perfectly as possible...very "E.T." feel to it.

It's legitimately spooky. Winona Ryder does a great job. My wife and I just started it last night and made it through the first 3 chapters??? (ended at Holly, Jolly) before I fell asleep. Trippy dreams for sure. :lol:

i watched the first season. I love the show, but i feel if it was set in any other time i would not like it nearly as much. Plot is VERY strange, but it works cause of the time period i think.

I think the plot is not necessarily unique, but it's definitely the packaging of the timeline, plot- and character-development that are done so well.

It's a little 80s-teen movie, horror flick, sci-fi, I'm reminded of "LOST" from TV a few years back...there's elements of a lot of stuff there but the whole thing works.