Anyone know this car? Lambo for sale

coltboostin

Lemon Law buy back is indeed a title "brand"

It SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the value, voids the factory warranty (although sometimes you can purchase an aftermarket), and some banks won't finance them.

Yeah, knowing the reason for the buy back and seeing the service history can increase confidence, if you intend to keep it for a while.

There were several Fiat 500e buybacks in CA with very low miles for $10-12k. I've considered picking one up and having it shipped as a commuter.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, knowing the reason for the buy back and seeing the service history can increase confidence, if you intend to keep it for a while.

There were several Fiat 500e buybacks in CA with very low miles for $10-12k. I've considered picking one up and having it shipped as a commuter.

Problem is no one outside of CA or OR can work on them IIRC.

Problem is no one outside of CA or OR can work on them IIRC.

True, but working at the tech center I should have no problem diagnosing issues or ordering parts. Electric cars are pretty low maintenance as is.

I almost bought one in Chicago, that a dealer ended up getting stuck with. Zero chance for any local dealer to service it scared me away.

Tons of them have issues, look in the Texas area. A lot of the buy back:lemon branded 500e end up there. It's a much better car than my Abarth, wish they sold them here.

A bunch of people leased them for 89$ a year or so ago, it would literally pay for itself.

I almost bought one in Chicago, that a dealer ended up getting stuck with. Zero chance for any local dealer to service it scared me away.

Tons of them have issues, look in the Texas area. A lot of the buy back:lemon branded 500e end up there. It's a much better car than my Abarth, wish they sold them here.

A bunch of people leased them for 89$ a year or so ago, it would literally pay for itself.

The guys I talked to said there were some early problems that resulted in buybacks, but they have all been fixed and the repair is free of charge. They said they wouldn't be worried about buying one.

And yeah, I've been working with some guys for CA and a few of them got 500e's for less than 100/month.

Sorry for hijacking a Lambo thread into a 500e chat.

The guys I talked to said there were some early problems that resulted in buybacks, but they have all been fixed and the repair is free of charge. They said they wouldn't be worried about buying one.

And yeah, I've been working with some guys for CA and a few of them got 500e's for less than 100/month.

Sorry for hijacking a Lambo thread into a 500e chat.

500E is more exciting than a clapped out lambo

Stop doing drugs. It makes you divert from reality.

I wouldn't take a (modern day) fiat for free...

The 124 ain't bad. Also the 500e was completely re-engineered by North America. It's not just a 500 with a motor swap.

The 124 ain't bad. Also the 500e was completely re-engineered because the originals where lifeless, plasic turds

Fixed. The fiat I had in Miami was still the worst new car I have ever driven. It has 14 miles on it, so its not like it was just beat to death either.

What besides the automated clutches (in theory not an issue with the 6 speed) where an issue with the car?

No front lift for low curbs. Brakes squeal a lot, no real reason. Weird engine revving, electrical issue. Clutch issues. If you are mechanically inclined, less of a worry, but if you have to pay, it gets expensive.

The 124 ain't bad. Also the 500e was completely re-engineered by North America. It's not just a 500 with a motor swap.

Haven't driven a 124 Abarth yet but the vanilla version is just like a softer, more touring focused version of the MX5. Great little car, needs more power but the aftermarket is already working on that. Those punchy little 1.4T motors can be a blast with ~200whp.

I think the Abarth with the mechanical LSD and optional brembos would be the perfect little roadster with a slightly more aggressive tune.

Haven't driven a 124 Abarth yet but the vanilla version is just like a softer, more touring focused version of the MX5. Great little car, needs more power but the aftermarket is already working on that. Those punchy little 1.4T motors can be a blast with ~200whp.

I think the Abarth with the mechanical LSD and optional brembos would be the perfect little roadster with a slightly more aggressive tune.

Yeah, every one seems to like them. They had an employee test drive event last week that I didn't make it to, and they're offering a pretty good employee lease deal. It sounds like quite a few will be picking one up.

JP- I know of a Viper for sale in Columbus that just needs a starter and tires. 160k miles though...he is at the verge of parting it out because he doesn't think anyone will want one with that high of miles (he may be right). If you want the dudes number, let me know.

JP- I know of a Viper for sale in Columbus that just needs a starter and tires. 160k miles though...he is at the verge of parting it out because he doesn't think anyone will want one with that high of miles (he may be right). If you want the dudes number, let me know.

If the price is right, there is always someone who wants it even with the high miles. The problem is it may be in his best interest to part it out because the miles turns it from a $50K car into a $17K car very quickly and people pay $10K just for the hood on earlier cars.

If the price is right, there is always someone who wants it even with the high miles. The problem is it may be in his best interest to part it out because the miles turns it from a $50K car into a $17K car very quickly and people pay $10K just for the hood on earlier cars.

Exactly what he said (he mentioned 8k just for the hood). The car was EXTREMELY clean, just high miles. The tires are completely dry rotted and he hasn't driven it for a few months because the starter took a shit. I bet you could get it for 15-18k and put 3k into it and have a bad ass car.

Exactly what he said (he mentioned 8k just for the hood). The car was EXTREMELY clean, just high miles. The tires are completely dry rotted and he hasn't driven it for a few months because the starter took a shit. I bet you could get it for 15-18k and put 3k into it and have a bad ass car.

it would probably make an awesome track car for someone at that price. what year is it?