Mohican Cabrewing

Limitedslip7

I'm planning a cabrewing/camping/MTB trip to Mohican here in a couple of weeks was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on places to stay. I've done this down in Hocking Hills before but it looks like Mohican has quite a few more campgrounds and canoe liveries.

Of course, there will be drinking involved, so we would prefer to stay at or close to the canoe livery. Maybe someplace not quite as family-oriented?

do you want to start canoeing where you are staying, or end where you are staying? I normally stay at Mohican Adventures and then just walk across the street for canoeing. I like this place cause they are a really nice shower house. Other option is Smith's Pleasant Valley Campground, this is a campground right where your canoe trip ends, super nice not having to take a bus with a bunch of drunk people and you can just pass out immediately, but the bathrooms suck and its not nearly as nice ad Mohican Adventures. I have stayed at both of these and would do either one again, but my go to is Mohican Adventures.

I just went there a couple months ago. The campgrounds are shit.. you're right on top of your neighbor with no trees separating you, but their river is fun to kayak/canoe on. You don't have to paddle much except to steer. I recommend either going primitive or getting a spot next to the water if anything. Our spot was right out in the open. The good thing about that though is nobody else wanted those spots so we were alone'ish, I guess.

All the primitive sites were at the edge of the camp right next to the water. However, those are also all right next to each other, but nobody was there when I unsoberingly stumbled through on a midnight adventure.

This is not Mohican adventures then....

If you want primitive and away from people you should really check out Smiths that i mentioned above, its very secluded from what i recall, but we were way in the back surrounded by woods on 3 sides and the river on the 4th.

My parents park their trailer at Wallyworld...it's a nice enough place. The primitive sites are usually nearly empty. Showerhouse is pretty nice, but runs out of hot if a lot of people are in it. They have some pretty good live bands and entertainment for the kiddies.

Has anyone stayed at the State Park campsite or rented a cabin there lately?