Tubing question for the engineers...

Geeto67

Which is more resistant to twisting forces? A perimeter frame made from square tubing Or round tubing?

In researching this t bucket deal I have cooking, I see the of frames made from plain old square tubing. But from what I know about tube frame sports cars most have round tube chassis. Is there that much of a cost differential? Or is frame twisting not much of a consideration on a death trap that already uses transverse leaf mounted solid axles?

You never see any round tube t bucket frames (closest you get is FFR's 1933 hot rod). Is there a physics reason? Or all cost based?

Round tube is lighter than the same diameter of square, so the same "weight" of round will always win that battle.

For something like you're doing, it wouldn't really matter much... I believe square is easier to work with?

Square is def easier to work with. And the original is c-channel so original parts may work with it as well.

I guess there used to be round tube chassis but t-buckets aren't what they used to be.