2007 Yamah YZF R6

AOW

I have the opportunity to pick up a Yammi R6 with 1300 miles on it for $3700. never wrecked title in hand, owner is relocating over sees for couple of years. Is this a good deal?

dont buy it. give me their information first though...

yea don't go through all of the hassle...let one of us go look it over and then we'll let you know if its worth it.

Buy low' date=' sell high!!

Or buy it and keep it. You can't go wrong with either decision. That's a smoking deal. I'm just going to [b']hate seeing that Harley covered with a blanket in a corner of the garage all summer. :lol::boxing:

Would never happen, need to ride something on those rainy days.

Guys' date=' I know he rides a Harley but I don't think he's that stupid.[/quote']

:flingpoo: Damn!!! I owned a few sport bikes before I got all domesticated and bought the VROD. Doing that one group ride back in March just made me miss ripping the twisties and drag'n knee.

Here's the full scoop. I'm moving back to CA next month, and this bike is for sell in OR. Buddy of mine is heading over later this week to check it out. Dude that's selling it is single and in military. No family in the area, so doesn't want to pay for storage during his 2 year tour. I'm thinking scam as well, but my buddy will let me know for sure... Thanks for the input folks.

Edited by AOW

I'm officially calling this a scam..

1)Dude is "living" in Oregon, but has NJ tags, (not big concern as I've lived in OH for 2yrs and have PA tags on all vehicles)

2) keeps asking for my contact info so ebay motors can contact me and arrange payment and shipment

3)doesn't understand why one would want to check out a bike before dropping cash on it

4) refuses to let me or one of my local buddies check out bike to be sure it actually runs and has an engine...

I'm going to keep pushing him to see how far he will go with this.

here's copy of his latest email..

"Right now I'm in military base NTTC Lackland AFB TX, preparing to be deployed to Iraq

The bike is already at the shipping company, ready to go just I need a shipping address where to send it .About the delivery will be handled by the shipping company. I had another customer in Houston, TX who said he will buy and after I made all shipping arrangements and paid for it, he changed his mind..... if I want to retract it I will have to pay $ 800insurance tax... this is why I need to ship it. Look... I need to sell it ASAP, and since the transport is already paid for, you can have it for $3700 if you decide to buy now. "

Claiming to be in Military, but won't give the base or branch, his "English" is suspect in previous emails..

Ask him for the contact information for his commanding officer... you know, for a reference. He'll send you back some bogus number / e-mail to one of his cronies (note the area code if he send you a telephone # - no where near TX), and then you can play some more games w/ him. Since he's never really going to Iraq....

here's copy of his latest email..

"Right now I'm in military base NTTC Lackland AFB TX, preparing to be deployed to Iraq

The bike is already at the shipping company, ready to go just I need a shipping address where to send it .About the delivery will be handled by the shipping company. I had another customer in Houston, TX who said he will buy and after I made all shipping arrangements and paid for it, he changed his mind..... if I want to retract it I will have to pay $ 800insurance tax... this is why I need to ship it. Look... I need to sell it ASAP, and since the transport is already paid for, you can have it for $3700 if you decide to buy now. "

Claiming to be in Military, but won't give the base or branch, his "English" is suspect in previous emails..

This is so lame!!! They use the same modus operandi everytime and only vary the details a bit. The price is always riduculously low to lure in desperate individuals. You can never view the bike for one reason or another. They are almost always willing to ship for free! They want you to go through some sort of escrow company that then takes your money and runs.

LOL - Go ahead and play with them. Hmmm... tell him you are negotiating for your sister. Your religion will not allow her to deal with a male. Does he have a sister or girlfriend that can negotiate with you. Then have him send you a pic of her or something... LOL

These tactics are getting old. Back when I was looking for a new car to tune up a guy listed a 400rwhp 240sx on eBay. The auction ended and I got all of these bogus eBay emails about being protected. Of course he's already in England on business but will just have the car dropped off once I pay. It was like $3,600.

Good on you for using common sense and spotting this one. Tell him you will pay him with the money you won in the Nigerian lottery.

These tactics are getting old. Back when I was looking for a new car to tune up a guy listed a 400rwhp 240sx on eBay. The auction ended and I got all of these bogus eBay emails about being protected. Of course he's already in England on business but will just have the car dropped off once I pay. It was like $3,600.

Good on you for using common sense and spotting this one. Tell him you will pay him with the money you won in the Nigerian lottery.

Ha-- good one! Tell him you'd buy it but you're waiting on the check still.... if he sends you the bike now you'll pay him double once the check shows up..LOL