iPhone7/iOS10/iWatch2

dover

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean I can get a good deal on a 6 without having to re-up or change my plan? I'm still rocking an old ass 5 and it's finally on its last legs. Doesn't seem that the 7 is the savior that I was holding out for.

Wait for the flood of 6's hitting the used market when the 7 drops. I got my current 6 for next to nothing from someone anticipating an upgrade.

Wait for the flood of 6's hitting the used market when the 7 drops. I got my current 6 for next to nothing from someone anticipating an upgrade.

Those days are gonna be over soon, with everyone going on a next plan, you have to give the phone back that you paid 12 months on. And the majority of people will be on these plans going forward, I doubt many pay the full price for the phone at launch. People with a 30 month old phone (2 gen old) will own it.

I'm trying to figure out how I can upgrade as I have a 2 year contract with att and they don't do contracts any longer. I also still have my grandfathered unlimited plan so I don't want to lose that as I use 15-18 gb a month lol. Anyone do this before and keep their old plan ?

I'm trying to figure out how I can upgrade as I have a 2 year contract with att and they don't do contracts any longer. I also still have my grandfathered unlimited plan so I don't want to lose that as I use 15-18 gb a month lol. Anyone do this before and keep their old plan ?

I really resisted giving into the pay for your phone plan shit.. but ultimately did it. I did the math and i tend to keep my phones for at least 28 months... and usually its because it falling apart.

However.. This phone is the first iphone i haven't broken a screen on and i am over a year into owning this phone and its still in perfect condition (halleluja).

I also was able to splurge and get the 128GB phone for only $1 more a month. I am still on my unlimited plan.

There is no interest with the next plans, so for me, i didnt see how there was a downfal (other than paying full price for hte phone).

The next plan ONLY requires you to give the phone back if you do not pay it off and upgrade to the next phone.

Yup, I still have unlimited.

So I bought a iphone7+ in black with 128GB storage one from apple and one from ATT we will see which one gets here first and cancel the other one. ATT one will be here september 20th and Apple is October 4. ATT order was placed at 3:09 AM and Apple at 3:14AM for those interested in the wait times.

I tried to get a verizon/ sprint one and it would not let me with out having an account with them so I gave up and just got the ATT version.

Those days are gonna be over soon, with everyone going on a next plan, you have to give the phone back that you paid 12 months on. And the majority of people will be on these plans going forward, I doubt many pay the full price for the phone at launch. People with a 30 month old phone (2 gen old) will own it.

Yeah, I think my wife is going to just pay outright but she's probably in the minority of buyers.

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus pre-orders began at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time today, and shipping estimates slipped to 2-3 weeks or later for most models in less than 20 minutes. iPhone 7 Plus models in Jet Black are most constrained, with new orders estimated to ship in November in the U.S., Canada, and many other countries.

Every year they do not make enough for launch day, less than 20 min in the order window and no phone on launch day.

Pretty disappointed by this launch. I started my smartphone "career" with Android and made the switch to Iphone at the 5, and had that and a currently have a 6. They are so far behind Android technology I'll likely switch back. I love my 6, no issues at all but I want to stay up with the latest and this just doesn't cut it.

The headphone jack thing is a fucking joke. Dumbest thing they could have thought of. That's like breeding out an asshole on a dog. Some things are just meant to be there.

Pretty disappointed by this launch. I started my smartphone "career" with Android and made the switch to Iphone at the 5, and had that and a currently have a 6. They are so far behind Android technology I'll likely switch back. I love my 6, no issues at all but I want to stay up with the latest and this just doesn't cut it.

The headphone jack thing is a fucking joke. Dumbest thing they could have thought of. That's like breeding out an asshole on a dog. Some things are just meant to be there.

If you think about it what they do makes sense. They allow Android to create the new technology and deal with all the problems. Then a year later they take a solid product with limited bugs and put it on the market. They still continue to have the fastest smart phone on the market and don't have the same "advanced" tech everyone else does.

That's the same thing everyone said in 1998 when the original iMac was released, and it didn't have a floppy drive...

The gen 2 has a GPS chip in it now, so you can run/hike without a phone.

from the little bit I have read they still make you pair it to your phone so you can't say take it on a run and leave the phone if you wanted to have Pandora or Bluetooth to your headphones correct?