Rolling Deep to Dayton Cars N Coffee Oct 8

OH 97SC300

Well......Dayton's Cars and Coffee is officially off the hizzy. I'm def not down playing what we have here in Columbus, but wow, theirs is 3-8 times bigger and tons of everything comes out. Here are a few pics.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/mullenm76/Dayton%20Cars%20and%20Coffee%20Oct%202016/IMG_7396.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/mullenm76/Dayton%20Cars%20and%20Coffee%20Oct%202016/IMG_7405_1.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/mullenm76/Dayton%20Cars%20and%20Coffee%20Oct%202016/IMG_7380.jpg

I'd like to mention, the CC&C group we've formed and maintained (thanks to many CR members from the beginning 8 years ago) at Lennox embodies the same focus as Dayton's CC&C gathering - and props to Dayton for doing a better job promoting their gig.

It's unfortunate that the people backing Paul Milligan and the Byers-CC&C group don't want to join together. Columbus' car community is fractured and it shouldn't be.

Definitely looking forward to doing more Dayton cruises if people are down for it!

The bottom line is that Paul is trying to make a career out of "cars and Coffee." Clay is doing this for the car community in Columbus. It is not about ego or who rolls in with a new supercar. Simply about hanging out with some people who enjoy cars-a weekly diversion that is appreciated.

Aside from maybe a few more cars, there is nothing I would change about Columbus C and C. I planned to head out to Dayton but my daughter was home for Fall break. What did she want to do? Go to C and C. That's pretty cool. Thank you Clay and any others that make it happen. Now if I could get her to stop tempting me to buy a Vette all would be good.

I'd like to mention, the CC&C group we've formed and maintained (thanks to many CR members from the beginning 8 years ago) at Lennox embodies the same focus as Dayton's CC&C gathering - and props to Dayton for doing a better job promoting their gig.

It's unfortunate that the people backing Paul Milligan and the Byers-CC&C group don't want to join together. Columbus' car community is fractured and it shouldn't be.

Definitely looking forward to doing more Dayton cruises if people are down for it!

I know Dayton has some support from a local dealer who sells new high brands as well. I don't think this dealer has had enough impact to overtake the Dayton event like what has happened in Cbus to spin off another group post the initial like you started. If this happens in Dayton then I could foresee the same situation repeating itself and dwindling the interest.

They don't want to join together because you don't offer any monetary gain to them. Just wait it out, they will go away eventually once it stops paying off. 5 sponsors (Nationwide, Huntington, Byers Imports, Diamond Cellar, Esoteric Auto Detail) and they can't do any better than what happens at Lenox on a Saturday morning? weak.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hit up Kenny Brightman - who sounds like one of the head organizers for Dayton C&C - through FB a couple weeks back and we spoke. Sounds like a nice guy and I'm looking forward to doing some cruises in 2017!

Ken is a good guy, huge in the car scene down here. He also does this for his love of cars.

• 4 months later...