Between two ferns: Clinton Edition

10phone2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good i had to watch it a second time. What was she thinking, honestly?

I don't understand why people are asking this. I've seen this same sentiment on Facebook. It shows she can roll with the punches and take a joke. You seriously think this wasn't calculated? That her manager didn't have full control over what was included in this video?

I don't think she rolled with the punches at all. She is entertaining to watch in this, because she is so uncomfortable. Her saying she regrets doing this, is the only honest thing she may have said ever. I'm guessing she was trying to show a more relaxed side, like Trump letting that one late night guy mess up his hair.

BTW, the democratic nation convention going on for the forth day in Charlotte, is impressive.

Edited by Mojoe

The point of the show is cringe humor. They edit heavily to maximize this effect. This one was edited so heavily that you can see the cuts. There was an interview galifinakis did where he talked about the president's show (nerdist, maybe?) and the White House had to review and approve the final product, I imagine the same goes here - what aired is what was approved by clintons office.

Still very funny.

what aired is what was approved by clintons office.

Meh, it's her attempt to actually try and be likable and show she can relate to the younger crowd while actually accept criticism through self deprecation. It's all a set-up and yes, heavily edited, like most of what surrounds her. Another legend in her own mind in terms of her accomplishments and capabilities.

The real funny part is that we all know it's killing her inside that she sucks so bad she couldn't shake Bernie without her super delegate count and now she can't shake Trump who has provided more opportunities than anyone in history for his opponent to take the lead despite the media barrage on him and the tens of millions she's spent trying.

It's like the worst driver in the world behind a supercar performance mobile that can't shake two kids chasing them in a 1991 Civic as they dodge gunfire.

I don't understand why people are asking this. I've seen this same sentiment on Facebook. It shows she can roll with the punches and take a joke. You seriously think this wasn't calculated? That her manager didn't have full control over what was included in this video?

Exactly, it worked for her no doubt.

Exactly, it worked for her no doubt.

Actually no, it did not work for her.

The line between sarcasm and reality was far too close. That is why you're seeing a majority of her supporters asking why she would put herself in this situation. Her demeanor was confusing at best. Its like she's never seen Between Two Ferns before. When Obama did it, THAT worked. I dont like him, but it worked because he was a participant and gave it back to the host. She just sat there, received and then reinforced all her issues!

Actually no, it did not work for her.

The line between sarcasm and reality was far too close. That is why you're seeing a majority of her supporters asking why she would put herself in this situation. Her demeanor was confusing at best. Its like she's never seen Between Two Ferns before. When Obama did it, THAT worked. I dont like him, but it worked because he was a participant and gave it back to the host. She just sat there, received and then reinforced all her issues!

I agree. I don't think the "younger crowd" this was aimed for are any more inclined to like her because of this joke. I don't like Obama either but during his session on the show I found myself laughing with him, that' what Clinton needed. Watching Clinton was like being forced to watch a surgery.

Based on the FB reaction all my pro Hillary friends loved it because they think she is being witty and fun. All my pro trump friends love it because the think it makes her look like and ass.

I think at this point you could film either of them participating in an ISIS decapitation video and their respective supporters would stilll sing their praises.

I think at this point you could film either of them participating in an ISIS decapitation video and their respective supporters would stilll sing their praises.

+100.

I think Zach Galafianakis was good.

Obama was far more a man of the people...I liked his Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode with Jerry Seinfeld. The Clintons are too high-up to come down and do a show like this and not appear to be PANDERING.

Based on the FB reaction all my pro Hillary friends loved it because they think she is being witty and fun. All my pro trump friends love it because the think it makes her look like and ass.

Bingo, and it's pretty scary that our country has fallen to that level.

There were TONS of racers and media from Canada at the Shakedown, all walks of life, different views from the left wing to the right, and they all had the same thing to say:

You're country is fucked worse than ours, and we don't want you moving here.

You know things have gotten bad when people from Canada openly make fun of you, this is a country so polite they would apologize for anything :lolguy:

Bingo, and it's pretty scary that our country has fallen to that level.

There were TONS of racers and media from Canada at the Shakedown, all walks of life, different views from the left wing to the right, and they all had the same thing to say:

You're country is fucked worse than ours, and we don't want you moving here.

You know things have gotten bad when people from Canada openly make fun of you, this is a country so polite they would apologize for anything :lolguy:

Plumber for 2016, our country is so far into the shitter only a plumber can fix it!!

The Clintons are too high-up to come down and do a show like this and not appear to be PANDERING.

Bill Clinton played the saxophone on Arsenio Hall in 1992. His cameo was cut out of "the Hangover 2" (or maybe was never filmed) and he has been on The daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Letterman. Hillary has been on SNL and the tonight show. They both appear on more pop culture centric shows than any other president before or since and have been known to take risks with their image.

So tell me again how they are too "high up" to "come down" and do something like this? It only looks like pandering to her opponents who are just going to look for any reason to hate her anyway. I think it was a pretty bold move to relate to people normally ignored by traditional campaign media penetration.

pandering....effective campaigning via pop culture media....6 of one half a dozen of the other....comme si comme ca.

honestly I find regular people's reaction to the politicians way more offensive than anything either of them have said...but then again the monsters are due on maple street.

Muthafucken ego maniac. And you frequently reply, with how most on here are in a fantasy world. How's the view from up there?

regular people as in people who are not talking head pundits on tv. you know: you, me, anybody. And I frequently reply how most on here are fairly misogynistic or racist because....surprise...they say misogynistic or racist shit often without realizing it.

Get a grip Joe and wipe the rage sweat off the keyboard. Sheesh.