RWB (RAUH-Welt Begriff)

zeitgeist57

Considering how much people spend on some pretty lame body mods, I find Rauh Welt 911's to be a very unique and cool customized car.

http://rauhwelt-usa.com/roughworld/pricing/993-wide-body/

I'm assuming that even though Akira Nakai will install the kit himself, you still gotta fly him out to the car and buy his Coca-Cola and cigarettes.

I fully realize that having the stance that wide from super-ridic wheels and tires fucks up the suspension geometry. I drive a bagged Lincoln...your argument is ignored. ;)

Been following RWB since the Pandora one build. My buddy got to watch him complete one in philly at the local tuner shop a few months ago. Always enjoy watching the videos and seeing how they come out along with the passion involved. Guy does what he loves and now doesn't have to worry about having money anymore, can't beat it. I'll have to be the first one to bring him to CLE :)

I'm usually a traditionalist as far as the way I want to see Porsche's built but I really really like the RWB cars.

There are 2 of them for sale on Rennlist currently if anyone is in the market :-)

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/948525-fs-1995-rwb-993-guard-red-with-ton-of-goodies.html

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/940553-1987-porsche-911-rwb-period-correct-long-hood-conversion.html

RWB is just a body kit and wide tires right? or is there something else I am missing?

I could go either way on these, some of the cars are beautiful, some are god awful. I imagine they all handle about the same as a similar car without the wide tires and body kit. The guy's business model of traveling around the world and working in the customer's shop is more fascinating than the car itself.

RWB is just a body kit and wide tires right? or is there something else I am missing?

I could go either way on these, some of the cars are beautiful, some are god awful. I imagine they all handle about the same as a similar car without the wide tires and body kit. The guy's business model of traveling around the world and working in the customer's shop is more fascinating than the car itself.

It is but it isn't.

You hit on it in the second statement. He's basically created a brand for himself as a crazy chain smoking artist that is commissioned all around the world to create "bespoke" 1 of 1 exclusive Porsche's that cannot be duplicated.

BRB, tracking my 1 of 1 260hp $130k 993. Porsches as image statements are LOL (thanks janis joplin), Porsches as race cars are not LOL.

And they often have the typical over-modded woes when selling too.

Edited by RyM3rC
more like janis lolplin

Don't let the following statement mislead you to think for a second that I don't like these cars.

They are getting a little played out/significantly less exclusive IMO.

Seemingly you have a guy that is very talented who built what he likes (See Magnus Walker) and decided to start building them for other people (Unlike Magnus Walker). I think it's a neat business model that he alone is THE guy that installs the kits, but the more and more the vape/stance guys start making all this money producing fancy videos of him doing his thing, it just sorta becomes too mainstream.

Nakai is a total badass IMO, preparing 6-8 of his cars to compete in the Idlers 12+hour endurance races in between flying all over the world installing his handwork takes a lot of stamina and motivation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...