Ammo Talk: Price Per Round

wagner

My wife and I plan on shooting together now that she has her CCW.

The point of this thread is to get a good baseline for those who aren't in the know (like me) what they should look for on ammo costs.

So, what are good or acceptable prices to look for on common types of ammo. I'm not going to limit it because there are others who could benefit from this info, and I know there are some with great experience on this subject.

We will be shooting mostly 9mm, .22, .223, 5.56, 7.62x39 as an example, but please also speak to other calibers.

Feel free to include different grains so others can have that information as well.

A final note, keep this on topic and full of good info. If you're looking to start shit there are other places for that...

Cheap steel case 9mm is going to be .16/round, remand brass around .18/round, new brass .21/round. If you find blazer brass, rem UMC, winchester white box, etc brass case ammo locally for $10/box (.20/round) buy all you can those deals don't come up very often.

5.56 or .223 I'll buy for .30-.31/round for new brass case right now it's bouncing around a little above that. Pover steel .223 is .22ish/round

There are a few sites like http://gun-deals.com/ammo that will crawl retailers and you can sort by type/cost per round, etc

9mm 115 grain- 17-20 per round for decent target ammo. I don't see a difference running 124 grain.

.45ACP- whatever is cheapest I'm happy with $14-16/box. It's my nightstand gun (M&P) and doesn't get shot much because I train on its 9mm counterpart.

.22- overpaid on a couple thousand rounds after S.H., still haven't burned though it.

5.56/.223- I both a couple cases a few years ago and haven't shot through it yet.