Using Honey to save money for online shopping

Mojoe

Honey is an extension you install, that runs in the background of your browser. If you are shopping online on amazon and many other sites, it will search for a better price, or let you know if you have the best price already. I run wikibuy also, and cross reference the two to see if there are better prices that one may find and the other does not. From what I have seen, Honey kills it on Amazon, and Wikibuy finds better deals through ebay and a few other sites that Honey doesn't seem to search. Honey seems to search for online codes for discounts, where wikibuy just links you to a place selling the item at a lower price. Overall, Honey has saved me the most when shopping online.

Artical about extentions and a comparison of how they work.

https://comparisons.financesonline.com/zoho-wiki-vs-honey-is

Link to install Honey

https://www.joinhoney.com/ref/9pwd2a

Wikibuy for chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wikibuy/nenlahapcbofgnanklpelkaejcehkggg?hl=en-US

Thanks Joe! Freaking awesome! I normally search retailmenot.com, etc. and find it a PIA as often the coupons don't work or are for other regions. LOL that I use it a lot for Pizza.

So I just tried the Honey link for an order we just did this past weekend and it plugged in a $5 savings that I never found!

Thanks Joe! Good stuff! Let's just hope they aren't collecting too much of my personal data :p

Save

Glad you like it, Tim. I'm sure there is info gathering. I'm comfortable with my settings and have been using this for about three months, where I have not seen any issues. I think on amazon alone, it has tracked a savings of almost $1000. I feel it is vetted for me at this point.

There is a $399 + shipping, fishing reel I have had my eye on for a while, Honey found it for $309 shipped. But then I ask myself "WTF, $300+ to go fishing"? It sure is a nice reel though.

Glad you like it, Tim. I'm sure there is info gathering. I'm comfortable with my settings and have been using this for about three months, where I have not seen any issues. I think on amazon alone, it has tracked a savings of almost $1000. I feel it is vetted for me at this point.

how has it worked out on Amazon thus far? I tried a couple items and it comes back that the liklihood is low and that Amazon doesn't often have site-wide discounts....etc.

Just curious as to what it suggests.

There is a $399 + shipping, fishing reel I have had my eye on for a while, Honey found it for $309 shipped. But then I ask myself "WTF, $300+ to go fishing"? It sure is a nice reel though.

LOL. Joe, you've pretty much nailed me with every online purchase I've attempted to make over the last 2 years:

1) Want something...

2) Find something!

3) Price shop?

4) Second-guess decision whether to buy.

5) Go to bed.

"Geez, I need new brakes for the Cadillac"

"WTF, $500 for a rotor??? TIME TO DRIVE THE BMW SOME MOAR." :lol::lol: