Losing a parent

Lauren

I bust your chops in the football thread, dude, but I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your fathers diagnosis. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you guys, and when the time comes, I hope it goes easy.

This. Seriously. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

You have good advice listed above so I won't drone on but if you need someone to watch a playoff game with (even if it's 'Bama or if tOSU loses :) ) I'd be down to meet up.

• 2 months later...
So I finally was able to fly down and be with my dad since we got his diagnosis. I got in yesterday and staying a week with him. I last saw him in September and from then til now he is down 70 pounds. It's extremely hard to see him suffering like this. The doctors have him on so much pain mess it's hard to have normal conversations with him. He also just got his Florida medical marijuana card. He is t really liking it but we can say it's helping with his appetite and keeping the pain at bay in between his morphine tablets and icy. I think the end is getting very near and it's so hard to witness. Never did I think I would be having to go through this.

So I finally was able to fly down and be with my dad since we got his diagnosis. I got in yesterday and staying a week with him. I last saw him in September and from then til now he is down 70 pounds. It's extremely hard to see him suffering like this. The doctors have him on so much pain mess it's hard to have normal conversations with him. He also just got his Florida medical marijuana card. He is t really liking it but we can say it's helping with his appetite and keeping the pain at bay in between his morphine tablets and icy. I think the end is getting very near and it's so hard to witness. Never did I think I would be having to go through this.

Stay longer if you can. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could sit and talk or even just simply watch a ball game or movie with my "pops"

Mark my words, spend the change-fee costs and stay another week. You won't regret it. Good luck and prayers to you and yours sir.