Aftermarket remote starter for newer 7-series?

zeitgeist57

My sister-in-law has a newer 750li... she's contacted Columbus car audio and the BMW dealership to have an aftermarket remote start system installed. Both shop said it can't be done. Does anybody have experience with installing almost start on that seven series?

My sister-in-law has a newer 750li... she's contacted Columbus car audio and the BMW dealership to have an aftermarket remote start system installed. Both shop said it can't be done. Does anybody have experience with installing almost start on that seven series?

Check with Kyle at PPC's. When I first got my car lots of places didn't want to touch it for likely simliar technicalities or reasons. I'm not saying it can be done on a 750 because I know they have a ridiculously intricate key fob but I would check with them to see if they've done one or know a way. They got my car working flawlessly via a fob or my Smart Phone. Love it.

For all modern bmws '06 and up its pretty much a no go, not just the 7 series. In the aftermarket it usually requires them destroying one of your keys to fool the security system, and then you lose out on having the security system (basically the only thing keeping someone from stealing your car is a locked door).

I think the brand new ones offer it as part of the comfort access group, but for older ones I have heard nothing but horror stories about parasitic drain and butchered harnesses.

For all modern bmws '06 and up its pretty much a no go, not just the 7 series. In the aftermarket it usually requires them destroying one of your keys to fool the security system, and then you lose out on having the security system (basically the only thing keeping someone from stealing your car is a locked door).

I think the brand new ones offer it as part of the comfort access group, but for older ones I have heard nothing but horror stories about parasitic drain and butchered harnesses.

The dealer and other installers said that about my Audi too, but were proven wrong by Viper and PPC's. They used my spare "back up" 3rd key that has the chip and security stuff inside. I didn't lose my security system nor either of the expensive smart key fobs.

Viper worked with them on how to do it and thankfully they did two other Audi's prior to test it out.

Still may be different for BMW but I would bet they can get something together.

I dont have anything to offer but amazement that BMW's high end stuff doesnt have remote start standard. Wtf....

LOL! Agree. I was like WTF when I heard that. Thankfully there are smart people out there that can make this stuff work. I'm not sure why the German manufacturers don't offer this stuff.

if this is key fob I wouldn't doubt it ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-feLQQJNZK-w/VXioCvC4EMI/AAAAAAAA-1Q/nPlMYaUT7vQ/s1600/BMW-7er-155.jpg

if that was my keyfob then no way would I let someone butcher it for any reason including remote start.. that would just seem silly and wasteful.

Isn't that the fob for an i8?

I'm also pretty sure PDQ was making a joke.

it maybe the same for the i8 but that really is the key fob for the new 750's. Not sure if it's an option or not. The one I posted has remote valet parking ability and a ton of other cool stuff.

I really cant believe that is the key fob but BMW doesnt have something as simple as Remote start standard...thats amusing really.

But by removing the need for a chauffeur or valet, BMW has ensured that you will never have to interact with one of the poors ever again. They've made driving a BMW more lackadaisical than a sorority handjob. Why would you want the paltry remote of the common man? Next you're going to want to shift your own gears...

But by removing the need for a chauffeur or valet, BMW has ensured that you will never have to interact with one of the poors ever again. They've made driving a BMW more lackadaisical than a sorority handjob. Why would you want the paltry remote of the common man? Next you're going to want to shift your own gears...

Quoted for truth