2010 RAM 1500 Front lower strut bolt.

ODoyle

The thing is seized. The bushing turns when you turn the bolt. (very common issue from what I am reading)

Ive tried everything short of a torch.

I have new bolts and nuts from Chrysler.

I tried to have Chesrown get the bolt out and they said they'd rather not.

Who can get this bolt out so I can get my lift kit installed?

+1. I'm thrifty, but have learned a while ago when rusty suspension bolts don't come off with 500-700lb/ft from an impact gun, it's time to cut-wheel/torch, air chisel and get a new bolt and/or bushing. Will save you time in the long run.

2010 Dodge bolts rusting beyond usage LOL. <<<Sorry, you knew someone on CR was thinking it. Might as well be me to deliver it. ;)

+1. I'm thrifty, but have learned a while ago when rusty suspension bolts don't come off with 500-700lb/ft from an impact gun, it's time to cut-wheel/torch, air chisel and get a new bolt and/or bushing. Will save you time in the long run.

2010 Dodge bolts rusting beyond usage LOL. <<<Sorry, you knew someone on CR was thinking it. Might as well be me to deliver it. ;)

I bought a new nut and bolt already. but this rust got me like :dumb:

I agree with Rocky, PB soak it, heat it and air hammer it. This is when those 3 hours suspension jobs become 8 hour suspension jobs ;)

I have literally thought about setting the truck on fire.

not sure if this is similar to your set up

http://imgur.com/gallery/YmrpQCH

you can try and save the bolt when you do the above approach by putting the nut back on just flush with the head.

also...when in doubt, get a bigger hammer

Those are the control arm bolts....They are just as bad if not worse :fuuuu:

I bought a new nut and bolt already. but this rust got me like :dumb:

I have literally thought about setting the truck on fire.

Those are the control arm bolts....They are just as bad if not worse :fuuuu:

cant seem to find an exact pic for your year but is it similar to this?

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad140/HoelzelOffroad/Dodge/2008%20Dodge%201500%204x4/100_3061.jpg

if so, thread the nut back on til its flush with the end of the bolt or you have a couple threads engaged, get a 10lb sledge and go to town on it.

there have been times where i have spent 30 minutes or more just beating away at rusted/corroded bolts, your arms become jello but they all eventually break free. once it starts moving and becomes flush with the control arm, switch over to a smaller hammer and a punch to drive it the rest of the way out.