WWCR Buy? 1/2 impact

STEVE-O

Looking to get a cordless 1/2 impact driver mostly to aid in lug nut removal and some other work time to time such as strut bolts and things

What is needed 18v? 20-24? It looks like you can spend anywhere from about $150-$500 on one and a lot seem similar just a different brand. I have a dewalt drill and it has never given me a issue so I lean twords dewalt again but Lowes has their kobalt one at a very reasonable price in 24v as well

Milwaukee 18v fuel series is pretty legit.

Milwaukee has two 1/2" M18 fuel models. You want the higher output 1100 ft/lb one. There is another thread on this that isn't very old, where it's pretty widely agreed that the milwaukee easily beats snap-on and other brands, and even many air impacts.

I have air one already but want a cordless I can take with me places also, and I will admit I don't use the search engine on here much my failure.

I have the Milwaukee 1/4 inch impact and it serves me very well but it was much older

Quick look shows HD has that but it now has 1320ft/lb seems very fitting for a car guy haha and I got a $50 gift card there as well so that makes it easier

Milwaukee has another M18 Fuel impact line coming out next month that should bridge the gap between their current compact impact and the high tq model. It's supposed to be the frame of a compact with 600 take off 450 fastening torque, im waiting for that

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2861-22

Milwaukee hands down. I have used the 1/2 high torque impact a few times and love it. I will be getting one here soon. Look on facebook at the singing river tools page, it is run by a tool truck guy who sells tools nationwide and gives out pretty good deals. Right before christmas he had a sale for the 1/2 high torque impact, 3/8 impact, led light, 2 5.0 batteries and a charger for $569.

Milwaukee has two 1/2" M18 fuel models. You want the higher output 1100 ft/lb one. There is another thread on this that isn't very old, where it's pretty widely agreed that the milwaukee easily beats snap-on and other brands, and even many air impacts.

Milwaukee is about to release a mid-range torque impact. It fits right between the compact (2755,2755B and the 2762,2763.

It is aimed squarely at the Automotive community.

http://www.coptool.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-mid-torque-impact-wrenches/

Milwaukee hands down. I have used the 1/2 high torque impact a few times and love it. I will be getting one here soon. Look on facebook at the singing river tools page, it is run by a tool truck guy who sells tools nationwide and gives out pretty good deals. Right before christmas he had a sale for the 1/2 high torque impact, 3/8 impact, led light, 2 5.0 batteries and a charger for $569.

Blasphemy

While not a CR sponsor, I will make deals for members.

There was thread on this a while ago. If i remember correctly, the consensus was Ingersoll Rand was the best choice. Ugly, but the most powerful for the quality.

More power but you sacrifice more tool selection. Both are great choices.

Depending on what you do, I'd just get the brand you already have, or like other tools from. The extra batteries are nice and few of us will push these to the limit anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My wife got me the milwaukee 2763 impact for xmas. (tool only) This thing is huge. I picked up a XC 5.0 battery for $62 on amazon. A guy at work gave me a spare charger. So I have about $250 in my setup.

Had I known this mid-range setup was coming out I probably would have waited, but I used mine yesterday for a quick wheel/tire swap and it obviously handled that with ease.

I have 5 or 6 Milwaukee M12 tools and they are all fantastic for a DIY home user. Many of my techs at work are buying the milwaukee stuff over the competition as well.

I don't have a large need for it but I have thought about selling what I have and picking up the entire line of kobalt 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 the Chargers and batteries are cheap in comparison to the other brands , I also have some air tools I think I'm going to unload because I don't have air anymore at the new house and don't need them at work either

Pretty safe to say that any of the name brands are light years ahead of stuff from just 3-4 years ago, so it's pretty hard to get something that won't do most jobs. I know guys who love the Milwaukee stuff, I personally have the Snap-on and it does a great job. Lots of hate on Snap-on because of price but I buy from a customer service, convenience, and simple finance options. I simply don't have many issues with their tools and when I do a rep is not hard to find, and it gets fixed easily. These things are much more important to me when it's my job then just what the most powerful.

I said all that to say that you'd have to be an idiot to buy one that won't take off or put on your common 100-200 foot pound fasteners. I find these type of discussions mildly stupid, it's like a tire tech or lube tech that thinks they need some expensive super kick ass air gun to take off or install lug nuts that are supposed to be torqued between 80-140 foot pounds. You don't think those old bullet proof $200 Ingersol guns they've been selling for years won't do a good job and last longer? Just buy what will do the job at a fair price, don't waste your money so you can brag about your goddamn impact like anyone cares.

I fully agree with that Scott and I could care less about a brand name as my box is filled with about 10 different ones but I also have had some things from HF that were awesome others that have broken the first use haha

I fully agree with that Scott and I could care less about a brand name as my box is filled with about 10 different ones but I also have had some things from HF that were awesome others that have broken the first use haha

I have a few Harbor Frieght tools, but to be honest I haven't bought anything from them in years so my opinion of their stuff is irrelevent. The few wrenches and sockets I have of theirs have stood up fairly well and I haven't broken them, but they were bought because they are things I don't use often. 10 years ago you just didn't buy anything from there that had moving parts, maybe that's changed, but earning a living with my tools means not taking that chance.

Has anyone bought a tool with many moving parts from HF and had good luck with it? used it more then a couple times?

Has anyone bought a tool with many moving parts from HF and had good luck with it? used it more then a couple times?

I have a bunch, with my sawzall probably being the oldest and after 10+ years of total abuse, it is still running as strong as ever. I have many of their tools from grinders to battery drills and so far everyone is still going strong. I've also had a few flops but most were hand tools, can't think of a power tool that has failed me yet.

I tell everyone, if you depend on your tools to put food on the table, don't buy HF as it can be hit or miss. If you are a shadetree and the savings can benefit you then go for it. I buy their stuff all the time mostly because if it fails on me in the middle of a job it's no big deal and I'd rather save the money overall. I do use a bunch of their tools for work and so far no complaints or failures from me or anyone else in my group. Had one drill that crapped out within a week but a trip back yielded a replacement that's still going strong.

The HF Earthquake XL Series stuff rocks. I purchased a 1/2" impact gun and a 3/8" impact wrench earlier this year that were used on two of Tina's POS Subaru purchases, including doing a full suspension on one with 270k Ohio miles.

The impact gun didn't even break a sweat, and I was mildly surprised.

The HF Earthquake XL Series stuff rocks. I purchased a 1/2" impact gun and a 3/8" impact wrench earlier this year that were used on two of Tina's POS Subaru purchases, including doing a full suspension on one with 270k Ohio miles.

Was it cordless? I have used the 1/2 corded impact and it only failed to loosen a couple of tough suspension bolts

Ant, you're talking pneumatic Earthquake XL tools, right? I think OP is looking for cordless electric impact tools...

The HF $40 one has lasted many years under heavy use for me. I've literally taken apart several vehicles with it and I'm lazy so I use it for any bolt I can get the tool on. The only thing its failed to do is the lug nuts on my Deuce and a Half, but those give even 1" drive professional brands a workout.