Krown vehicle rust prevention

BigOxley

I found Krown a couple of years ago when looking to rust proof my vehicle. Closest shop was in Canada (Its a Canadian business). Looked promising and a good alternative to Ziebart. Found out there were a couple places here in Ohio that did it now!

Just got my 2017 Wrangler coated by these guys. Jon (the owner) and Tony are great down to earth guys. Jon was the first guy to bring Krown to the US.

SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Ziebart. Literally a fraction of the price. Took less than an hour from start to finish. I'm not affiliated with these guys, just thought you guys would like to know.

Go Krown

9445 Horner Rd

Versailles, Ohio

(937) 381-9640

https://www.facebook.com/gokrown/

a6F8im7MyRC3PMt17MfLDE6aJOnVGXDoC0qLTj_J65Vt5Qhx7B0hYBzXpbHkDebNL7slaHp49DESwrfjDEc7ZLS3m2WfESEmsxGpFWznUEkiPJT-vHJ_sq2BGt2Z3in-UJKGDkY-ZbnHGtoAFQXFufK-c27ZH_igBMxoGtX0iJwXa17eYPUzVVgysumDxdeUyvnaRz1Fg8jrWKYVBPFG38lYzmiJELD6r4ke6bBjOklJvxXNyxPku8dqqlR-N6eYWq6xrY7XAuIkpYttG-7BwOn6p5_L_W0re-a_Td4TUiVAjh0TYSJ_H3YSptirixDk_VdxU5VzxnxqXtrIoDHtdgv_hKz_vRGDM1bAKNs5029CHqt3qeLV25LzHAY000CnLsqn9euZTHLT0uFokpdkT5qKHyFtPMmrsU1Anpqwu6RAaDR1e0e7-Vj3LzbbEjgCtZDS7Adw-XTRo-2a4HCemtpkg0MaYsoootPccJXoeJ3qnD6wy1ncNEgoKTPbxe0R3p7PcAJUeGlBm_kZhv7AxSHNntUzRdZBwCv_-E5HhS9VqiVGNQXnw4UW74POsSSH5M-1IK_mddOO9wQKRFFQ5pfIj9v9BDJO8eIMefX07fzgfA=w483-h634-no

OAB6AQnpQEq2MJQ-r_AddPBB0_lD6vkXTIbGgAJSSCKhUHdYzkNzB3ZqpqhnuE9vUwlp1g3RHSyhR9uCEm8ZZNUU2cAaAT-tQrmwsVMDP2wbpisQLdHfxVj45UQxN1XBhS-cC4wqWOIiVsK-3-n1OhG5wKAR2XB4bk88w17Z--dI2BWg3Ily8gY1_HwK_4JxSc60XBx4hpoxfWA4LS4qaWyaTgPCOXnD08JG3tDiomCme00LRjipx5Qu_NVuukqgSk9pNNmKvGUFjtwpuphlPca7HpqjvihXezuG8Q0WUqjH1FAB0Nx034XVXVMSSwQ_4oI1pSzVs4CvmrVTJcDj4Z316H5sW0LsCVZsUn7x73cDHvdgP7LptEJaWipMJxVBaij-4B3m5znaZU_B-PisVZ7_lNw-PO5gGtN2cbGgeaBZmi-sqIKolsu08hRvcOXAFG6me_2lZxS3BtSIBbcHNjgPKjPbXPk4DRANcZ5yQj_nXCA6NJTEBp9JR4ShHrQuRyv_aVr7qd85pSCCBVZUsqsIkmCkxLpbkaha_oG0HT4iumjYiBRCs8reYa7Sz7eRfW3lhLKLYMsKI9B6wPtqpNBHybV2W1p39m8X090pxAvvlA=w927-h634-no

Now the beast is off to get cleaned up and ceramic coated.... :thumbup:

I think Adam has had this type of undercoating process done to his FJ. The aroma of oil in my garage is simliar anyway :o

Save

I use Fluid Film and do it myself once or twice a year for $40-60. Considering they probably do a MUCH better job for $140 that is pretty appealing!

Did you read the F.A.Q.s? They seem to state it's an annual process not a one and done thing like Ziebart.

If your vehicle has never been protected, then the best time to spray it is right now. From a corrosion point of view, the corrosion process is most active in the spring and summer months due to the increase in temperature. However, an annual application of Krown, regardless of the time of year it is applied in, will provide 12 months protection against corrosion.

I'm all for oil spraying the underside of the car, and even more for one that's environmentally friendly, so this still seems like a good deal, even if you do it bi-annually instead of the 12month recommended period.

I forgot to add, Jon recommends this service after the last snow/salt in the Spring. He will de-salt the underneath before the treatment.

Did you read the F.A.Q.s? They seem to state it's an annual process not a one and done thing like Ziebart.

I'm all for oil spraying the underside of the car, and even more for one that's environmentally friendly, so this still seems like a good deal, even if you do it bi-annually instead of the 12month recommended period.

Ziebart also recommends a yearly touch up for 5 years @ $100 a pop

Touch ups for Krown are $40.

I just got through cleaning up the Jeep (polish and ceramic in the morning) and can attest to the fact that they get just about every bit of the underside and inside panels. Several plugs show where they gained access to difficult areas. Have no doubt this was about the most thorough coverage I've seen.

Lots of over spray to remove so if you plan to get this done do it before your clean up your vehicle. :)

Save

Save

Interesting. I've heard about people getting this stuff done but didn't realize people still did it.

Tim....when you say 'plugs', are you saying they drilled holes to spray it into and then plugged them with something? :eek:

Interesting. I've heard about people getting this stuff done but didn't realize people still did it.

Tim....when you say 'plugs', are you saying they drilled holes to spray it into and then plugged them with something? :eek:

Yeah, the drill into the door jams to access the rockers. Typical for this kind of thing.

Yeah, the drill into the door jams to access the rockers. Typical for this kind of thing.

Yep. Not a big deal. May just need a bit of touch up under them and perhaps find a little different style plug. These are super flexible soft and can pop out easily if wiped with a rag. So long as one keeps and eye out and is aware things will be fine.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/OLD%20Gallary%20of%20Images/2017%20Jeep%20Wrangler/20170114_000409_zpsl026ijmp.jpg

Save