Hoskinsons Review

Rocky31186

Had a ton of standing water issues at my property, the previous home owner spent thousands of dollars trying to fix the issue but chalked it up as "nothing can be done."

Was referred to Hoskinsons Property Services to come out and give me a quote. He knew exactly what needed to be done and got me in withing a week or 2.

Fixed the drainage, graded the lot to shed water, installed a large gravel parking pad.

Highly recommend Hoskinsons for any Grading, drainage, excavation, hauling, driveway needs.

Not to mention his son just raced daddy dave!

Located in Hebron but came all the way to amanda to fix my issue.

Bill- (740) 281-6059

Mess is an understatement lol. Typically when it would rain I could not mow for over 2 weeks and the water would overtake the driveway.

We found 3+ old Clay field tiles that were plugged up and back filling into the "swamp".

Also found the drainage the previous owner installed INCORRECTLY causing even more issues.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/rocky31186/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170124_175424_zpsidgqjgvb.jpg

I will say a week later, my 6" drain pipe is still nonstop pouring out at the creek. Bill said it is roughly 1400gal per 24hrs.. And it hasn't even rained.

First of all, that's crazy.

Secondly, it must be a great feeling to see that flow going AWAY from your property. :)

I was driving with some Chicago folks and they were surprised at all the standing water in farm fields and at the side of the road. I told them that Central Ohio has a ton of clay in the soil and drainage is an issue.

no matter the price you need to do this asap!!!

I kept putting it off, and even tried to take care of it myself with no success. I hated spending pole barn money on it but to go outside and see no standing water and a big driveway pad puts a smile on my face.

When he graded the driveway there was a high spot in the center which caused water to collect on the sides and let the gravel sink in the ground. He graded it properly and dumped #4 stone down as a base. Then came back with a #411 that has literally set up like concrete when compacted. In the summer a top coat of #57 will finish it.

I am so glad to finally have it done though.

• 1 year later...

Well time for an update.. We had many issues along the way with Hoskinsons and now that it is over, I highly suggest to NOT use them for any drainage work.

To start they left 4 12" catch basins open with no lids for 2-3 months. My daughter who was 2 at the time almost fell in the catch basin by the driveway multiple times. But he had already got his money, so getting him to come back was near impossible.

Finally about 6 months later he came out to final grade it. About 1 week after final grading it we had our first rain and I had all kinds of low spots holding water. I asked Bill to return to fix these low spots and he told me I had to pay 1 day labor to fix it. I thought it should be covered under what he was already paid to do but I also wanted it fixed. So I told him to come out, but he wouldn't.

Almost a year later I am still fighting some standing water issues due to the grading. All 4 of my catch basins are higher than grade so they will need cut down. The exit pipe at the creek is completely washed out and exposed.

Does the water drain? Eventually. The reason I hired Bill was to get rid of all surface water. All water should run to one of the 4 catch basins and go out to the creek. I made a post last night not mentioning his name and he must have felt guilty because he responded in a defensive manor.

Needless to say, do not use Hoskinsons for your drainage needs. He has very poor customer service and his work shows for itself.