FS: 1994 Impala SS

Richard Cranium

I've hated the thought of this day. But it's time. With the new(ish) truck on the way I need to thin down my collection. Since they started advertising these in 1993 I have been in love, and I hate to see it go. Once the race car started eating my fun budget this has gone by the wayside.

1994 Impala SS

167,000 Miles

Black (only color available in 94)

Gray leather interior

5.7 LT1

The only mods I have done to it are upgrading the sway bars, and installing lower control arms. I did rig up a janky cold air intake, but I have all the parts needed to return the car to bone stock down to the original stock floor mats. Viper remote start installed up at Pickups Plus as well. Tint was installed at Dyno Brians, but has started to bubble and could stand to be removed.

The car went on Dyno Brians dyno once just for shits and giggles. The car made almost 300HP and 300Ft/lbs. Car is speed limited to 120, but that's just a PCM tweak away from being removed. MY brother in law took it to one of the track days at Trails, if I recall correctly it ran high 15s low 16s.

Honestly, it's a big comfy boat of a car with some guts. It needs some TLC and a set of tires, probably a couple of other things, but it's mainly ready for someone to drive it and give it some love.

I won't bother with haggling here, so I'll just put it up for $4,000. I know that's a touch over KBB, but these never sell for those values. Check autotrader or even Crazylist, you won't find one like this for less than that.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=442&pictureid=3341

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=442&pictureid=3339

An iron headed LT1 made almost 300 wheel? Nice. I have always liked these cars too.

My memory may not be as sharp as I think. I know the torque number was close to 300. The iron head cars got a cam that was more appropriate to getting one of these big cars moving. HP number was probably closer to 250.

I'd be the guy to go with a big cube lsx in it. The LT1 of that generation was solid for the time, but has been far surpassed by the lsx technology.

If it was going to be a long term project car for me I'd probably 5.3 twin turbo swap it. There's about 20 cubic feet of unused space in the engine bay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And the latest asshat gushes about how much he likes the car. Has cash in hand he says. Want's my bottom dollar he says. I invite him to make an offer. He says he's going to grab a bite to eat with his girl and he may come back and look at the car again even. Get a text a couple hours later saying he's been looking around, and with the high milage he can only offer me $2000.

KBB lowest value on the car is $2500 (and KBB has always been low on these cars)

NADA lowest is $6500 (I know that is retail so I have adjusted my price accordingly)

I have the second lowest priced Impala SS on craigslist, and the lowest priced one is a horror show.

I have the second lowest priced one on Autotrader, and the lowest isn't an Impala, it's a standard Caprice.

Fuck these people.