Handyman/Contractor for soffit repair?

zeitgeist57

One of my rental properties has some rot on the soffits of the detached garage. Please see notes below from my property manager. I welcome feedback if someone is interested in the job!

"The tenant let me know that the garage trim/fascia/soffit needs repaired. I had a maintenance man go out to get a better idea of what needs done and also take measurements for the front stoop railing. I have attached pictures of the garage that the tenant emailed to me. Here is what needs done- all new fascia and soffit replaced on the front of the garage (rotted and damged), one side of the garage needs new fascia (so gutter will need removed and then reinstalled), all trim needs painted. His estimate is $700-$1,000.

Unfortunately I don’t have anyone else to do this kind of work. If there’s someone that you’d like to contact we certainly don’t mind.

Please let me know if you approve this work."

Please comment or PM me if you're interested or know someone else who would be good! The gutter is a straight run down the side...shouldn't be complicated. Thanks!

Wondering

1: is any of that existing paint lead paint by chance?

2: consider replacing it with a better material than wood so it doesn't happen again? I have seen many people do this with homes but I am not sure if the cost to upgrade it all is significantly more than the wood replacement

I had to replace a bunch of that on my house in pickerington before I could sell it. I used RWI home improvements and Jeff did great work. You can contact on facebook or via phone.

(614) 571-9668

Rocky, I just spoke to Jeff and he seemed like a good guy indeed. He's going tomorrow or Saturday to take a look at the repairs. I told him I've got some work on my house as well if he does right by me on this job. :)

Thank you for the referral! :thumbup:

Rocky, I just spoke to Jeff and he seemed like a good guy indeed. He's going tomorrow or Saturday to take a look at the repairs. I told him I've got some work on my house as well if he does right by me on this job. :)

Thank you for the referral! :thumbup:

:fuckyeah:

Did you tell him I sent you?

I'm pretty certain RWI put new gutters on the wife's old house before we sold it. They were not the cheapest, but were definitely reasonable.

The cheapest guy showed up to quote the job in a rusty old ford with an obnoxious exhaust leak and said " I aint gonna shut it off because it may not start back up".... LOL contractors