WTB: Beater truck

Geeesammy

I'm looking for a beater truck for $1500-2000ish.

Doesn't have to be perfect, just needs to have a solid drivetrain, everything else isn't as big of a deal. Moving soon and have a few big items I don't want to get a uhaul for.

Hoping to get something not from Craigslist.

they go through a ton of inventory there.....they've had some pretty nice looking vehicles there too. It's basically up the road from my house and I've seen that place grow from having 3-4 cars to now having a shit ton. If anything catches your eye there let me know and I'll stop and look at it and take some pics if need be.

$3500 will get you this

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/Mobile%20Uploads/93FF732A-0C37-467B-972E-00096C613542_zpsgifkoby5.jpg

2006 F150 V6, 2wd, 5 spd, new wheel bearings, new tires, recently replaced pinion seal/ diff fluid, touch screen radio, 12" sub with small amp, paint was ceramic coated in the summer, I also replaced the worn out ford badges with brand new OEM ones.

Has 209k on it, truck has zero issues, and everything works as it should

Has a really nice bed cover that comes with it.

I'm the socind owner of this truck BTW

might not help you much but keep an eye out at this place.....they have some cheap beaters there on a regular basis.

http://www.3digitauto.com/

I would avoid this place at all costs. Trust your gut on this one Grant. "Suspiciously well priced" is exactly that. I looked at quite a few there before getting the JAG150. Shady, shady, shady.

Dang. If I didn't have my Lightning for a light duty hauler, I'd grab that F150. That'd look sweet lowered on some FX4 wheels.

thats what i was gonna do to it lol.

but having 4 cars right now just seems senseless. after i picked the raptor up i really have no need for the f150 any more

$3500 will get you this

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/Mobile%20Uploads/93FF732A-0C37-467B-972E-00096C613542_zpsgifkoby5.jpg

2006 F150 V6, 2wd, 5 spd, new wheel bearings, new tires, recently replaced pinion seal/ diff fluid, touch screen radio, 12" sub with small amp, paint was ceramic coated in the summer, I also replaced the worn out ford badges with brand new OEM ones.

Has 209k on it, truck has zero issues, and everything works as it should

Has a really nice bed cover that comes with it.

I'm the socind owner of this truck BTW

This is super tempting. Truck i looked at.last night was a POS. if i dont find something soon ill hit you up.

I've got an 01 Durango I am looking to sell (we want something smaller and easier on gas because we have a baby on the way :) ), if an suv will work for you. It needs a couple things that I am going to try to fix this weekend (tccm module for the 4x4 is in the mail and I have a steering rack to put in). Looking to get 2k for it.

Holy shit. I can't see $3,500 getting you anything better than big red. I actually hate spending so little money on nice cars because I want something I don't give a fuck about.. Hoblick's truck looks like it would fall under that first world problem.

I would avoid this place at all costs. Trust your gut on this one Grant. "Suspiciously well priced" is exactly that. I looked at quite a few there before getting the JAG150. Shady, shady, shady.

I agree I drive by this place all the time.

I've seen Hoblick's truck in person. You gotta get CLOSE to see where the 206k worth of wear-and-tear is on the exterior...it's damn clean. Should give years of service to the next owner!

I would love a new Cleetus with A/C, but I would only buy an 8ft bed.