Title question

Gergwheel1647545492

So I went to Oklahoma and bought a car, financed it at the dealer there in OKC through TD Auto Finance, drove the car home on temp tags. Temp tags are about to expire and I need to get a copy of the title from TD Auto Finance, but they don't have the Ohio title yet from the state of Ohio. So how do i go about getting ohio tags for it, don't really want to go pay for temp tags again through the state of ohio. Does anyone know how/who what i should do next to try and get this resolved? its been 24 days since i bought the car. Thanks for your help in advance.

I have called TD twice now and they just keep telling me to wait for them to get the Ohio title. But don't they need an out of state inspection to get the Ohio title?

Depending on the bank, this is usually handled one of three different ways.

Option 1. The dealership puts the Oklahoma title into your name, and place the lien on the title. They would then send the title to you, which you would take to the title department pay your sales taxes, and flip it into an Ohio title (which would still carry the bank lien). You would then send that title to the bank.

Option 2. The dealership puts the Oklahoma title into your name, then sends that title to the bank. Then the bank sends you a letter that you take to the Ohio title office that tells Ohio how to get the title. (You still pay your taxes at this time)

Option 3. (Rare) the dealership pays a 3rd party who handles all of the out of state title transfers and taxes. Dealerships usually have to pay a lot for this service, so usually only the largest highest volume dealers participate.

In any option, the dealers has 30 days to get it to you. Because of the delays that can push it to the limit, Ohio recently went to a 45 day temp tag. Unfortunately all other states haven't followed.

I wish they would federalize the titling and tax collection process. (Then just distribute the funds to the appropriate municipalities)

Thanks Jordan. Called the dealer and talked to the title clerk there. they mailed the title and the check for taxes to franklin country clerk of courts. Franklin county was supposed to call me and let me know that the documents were there, but they had the wrong phone number for me. so all i have to do is go get an out of state inspection and then take that form to the clerk of courts and they will release all the docs to me.

Thanks Jordan. Called the dealer and talked to the title clerk there. they mailed the title and the check for taxes to franklin country clerk of courts. Franklin county was supposed to call me and let me know that the documents were there, but they had the wrong phone number for me. so all i have to do is go get an out of state inspection and then take that form to the clerk of courts and they will release all the docs to me.

This is exactly how it worked when I bought my tundra from Maryland.