2017 Fishing thread

Mojoe

My dad hit the small streams in VT, fly fishing trout. He loves it.

I'm supposed to fish the snake river in ID this summer. Too big for my liking, but my dad has always wanted to fish something like this, so I am going with him.

He is flying into SLC, but my fam and I are driving up as I want to see more of this side of the country that is NOT Texas. After the snake river, I hope to be able to fish some of the small tributaries no one else wastes their time on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad trips are awesome. This year, dad is going to Canada with us. He goes to Quebec often to travel, but has never been to Ontario or on a designated fishing trip. Can't wait for him to have a great time. We fish different areas too, like you and your dad. I'll fish whatever he wants. I hope to hook into a big Pike or musky and hand it off to him. I did that with a 5lb catfish last Summer and he was all smiles.

Anyone hear about this event?

Win $2,500 at the 1st Annual Loper and Randi Blitz Bass Open presented by Mountain Dew. 100 boats will take to Alum Creek Marina on Saturday, May 6th in search of the biggest bass. Registration is open now and it's only $90 per boat so we expect to fill up fast. The 1st Annual Loper and Randi Blitz Bass Open

http://www.theblitz.com/images/BlitzBassOpen2017Rules1.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Definitely. Shoot me a PM and let me know when you guys want to get together

Will do.

Anyone else organize, and reorganize their tackle ALL the damn time? Seems like every time I buy something new, I reorganize. I seem to buy something new, often.

Derek, are we fishing this year? I need to pull some cats out of the pond in the next couple weeks. You interested in coming by? Looking to harvest 12 or so, of the 3-5lb catfish. I feel they are consuming my other game fish before they get to spawning size. I have my spring stock coming in at the end of the month. Perch, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and 25lbs fathead of minnows. In past years, I stocked 30lbs of minnows, split between Spring and Fall. I'm bumping that to 50lbs, and building a minnow habitat area. My hope is for them to have a "safe place" and keep reproducing, and not getting wiped out, like I think they are now. Also, I'm adding nine pieces of structure for fish habitat. Coupled with the auto feeders, I feel this will have the pond producing some fun fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, did you get into Musky fishing already or is this a first time trip? I just joined the central ohio musky club this year so I am hoping to spend some more time on it. The military is really screwing up my bass tournament schedule this summer so I should have more time to dedicate to it.

I did not see anyone from CR at the fishing expo. I was working the Ardent Reels booth behind the hawg trough from open to close all 3 days.

Dang, Chris! You're a busy man! (As usual) ;)

Hey, Joe...I'd be interested in coming out to help fish. Would be even cooler if someone - not me - wanted to help clean and pan-fry filets straight from the pond. I'll bring the tackle and beer. :D

Joe, I hate to admit how busy I am with fam now that spring is coming up...but if we had a mini-CR fishing event at Lake Desrochers I would definitely make every effort to make it out.

Can you catch catfish with spoons? That's pretty much all I fish with from a lure standpoint.

Just got final word giving me the green light but Ardent Reels who is a sponsor of mine is giving me permission to place an order and give CR members a one time only discount of 50% off on all rods and reels. Ifor anyone is interested in any of the product and wants to try it at a great price let me know know. Ardentreels.com

Joe, did you get into Musky fishing already or is this a first time trip? I just joined the central ohio musky club this year so I am hoping to spend some more time on it. The military is really screwing up my bass tournament schedule this summer so I should have more time to dedicate to it.

I did not see anyone from CR at the fishing expo. I was working the Ardent Reels booth behind the hawg trough from open to close all 3 days.

I went two years ago and was hooked from there. Started piecing the set ups and gear I wanted together. Going to Canada for 10 days this Summer. Growing up in Vermont we caught Norther Pike a lot, there are many similarities. Next Summer we will go farther North into Canada for Northerns. If you want to get together to go after some muskies, let me know. I'll be on Clear Fork for 3 days in May.

I was at the expo on Saturday morning. Didn't see anyone from CR and don't know the Ardent line to recall their both.

Just got final word giving me the green light but Ardent Reels who is a sponsor of mine is giving me permission to place an order and give CR members a one time only discount of 50% off on all rods and reels. Ifor anyone is interested in any of the product and wants to try it at a great price let me know know. Ardentreels.com

Not familiar with their stuff but, I'd try a c force 2000 for 50% of 119.99 pm me the details.

I went two years ago and was hooked from there. Started piecing the set ups and gear I wanted together. Going to Canada for 10 days this Summer. Growing up in Vermont we caught Norther Pike a lot, there are many similarities. Next Summer we will go farther North into Canada for Northerns. If you want to get together to go after some muskies, let me know. I'll be on Clear Fork for 3 days in May.

I was at the expo on Saturday morning. Didn't see anyone from CR and don't know the Ardent line to recall their both.

Once I work through the tournament schedule we will pick a day to hunt musky. Clear fork is having some down years from my understanding. I am hoping to fish there is may but prob for bass. My AT is scheduled for May so I will be in Michigan fishing a lot of the month.

Not familiar with their stuff but, I'd try a c force 2000 for 50% of 119.99 pm me the details.

60.00 they are brand new this year but I got 4 of them. I haven't caught a fish on them yet.

Chris, is the deal good for one of the Finesse rod/reel combos? VC2066M2

Yeah, Clay to your earlier post i do stay busy! That is a good problem though.Yes that combo counts and will be 40.00. I don't know anything about that rod but the reel is pretty good.

I don't know how you guys want to do this as I have to place the order and put it on my card. Part of me just wants to get the money after the reels come in and they get delivered but I don't want to take 4 or 5k in orders and get stuck with 1k of product I have to try and sell. The order is already at 4k for myself, friends, and family. We can do paypal but it will either have to be gifted to me or buyer pays fees because I don't want to have to pay to hook people up. I have guys from Florida, Georgia, and NC who talked to me at the expo who have already sent me money for their orders.

That's awesome, If it's not too late I'd be interested in the kk10bb(64.99) spinning reel. I can do pay pal friend and family the $$, just send me a dm letting me know.

Once I work through the tournament schedule we will pick a day to hunt musky. Clear fork is having some down years from my understanding. I am hoping to fish there is may but prob for bass. My AT is scheduled for May so I will be in Michigan fishing a lot of the month.

I'm up for this. Just let me know I have 60 days leave I keep on the books, plus what I earn this year. So, I'm looking for days off.

• 4 weeks later...

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/XChris1632X/Mobile%20Uploads/20170423_105036_zpsmsuzlmem.jpg

I have spent a lot of time this year scouting and very little time fishing. So far it is paying off because this is my first fish of the year at 5lbs 2oz. I'm scared its spoiling me for the season.