Dumb Brake Questions

caseyctsv

Ok I need to pull the calipers from my 2011 Camaro SS for powder coating. I have always avoided disconnecting the calipers to prevent having to bleed them. I have looked up how to bleed them but a couple of questions:

1) When I pull these calipers do I plug the lines or will a minimum amount of fluid come out?

2) since this car only has 1 reservoir for brake and clutch fluid will I have to bleed the clutch too once I put the fluid back in?

3) how important is it to bleed the ABS module? Clearly that needs a computer to execute.

Finally, any tips / tricks?

When you pull the lines off, make sure to cap them with something that seals them off well. Make sure the master is full to the top and if both are done that way you should only need to bleed the calipers for reassembly. You may get away with a gravity bleed at that point, and the extra full master will bleed to the correct level. Capping the lines won't allow air back or all the fluid out .

Your system will drain itself if it's not capped off. If the ABS is not allowed to go dry it should be fine, same thing with the clutch. Pinch off the rubber hoses, or find something to cap them with. Simple bleeding after reinstall and you should be just fine.