The Arnold

DaddyBuiltRacing

Cory is a good, good dude. I have tweeted with him back and forth for a few years and he's always so willing to help. He invited me out to OSG a few times to lift but it was always too far with work (Hilliard to Pataskala). I am big fan of him personally and professionally- he's built an empire on clear lifting and true dedication.

Wasn't Cory an owner in muscle pharm? Is he not affiliated anymore?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Yes, he was a co-founder. He sold his share about 18 months ago as a mutual decision. He still speaks highly about them so I think it was a good thing.

Yes, he was a co-founder. He sold his share about 18 months ago as a mutual decision. He still speaks highly about them so I think it was a good thing.

Cool, I'm sure he did well. My ex wife did one of his business loans for MP or Old Skill. Met him at the Arnold that year, '08ish, good dude.

As for the expo, I don't think I'm going this year.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I might go. It seems like it gets dumber every year I go now.

Why? I have never been but would love to go. I want free shit mostly lols. And to tell Rich Piana "gotta confuse the babe, right muscles?"

Are there alot of "bros" walking around in those string like tank tops? Because if so, that's a deal breaker for me.

Why? I have never been but would love to go. I want free shit mostly lols. And to tell Rich Piana "gotta confuse the babe, right muscles?"

Are there alot of "bros" walking around in those string like tank tops? Because if so, that's a deal breaker for me.

The past few years most vendors/companies haven't given out much free shit and the ones that do you've gotta wait in an hour line to get a few free samples of pre-workout and BCAAs. A lot of vendors give out Dixie cups of pre-workout and protein to "sample it." I tried that one year and after a few I felt like complete shit. The Arnold is good for people watching and that's about it. It's so packed you can barely walk and the whole place reeks of protein farts. But you definitely can see some cool shit/people. Just a lot of hassle in my opinion

Edit: To answer your question, yes. There are tons of "bros." it's like the super bowl for bros to be honest.

I'll be going! I used to avoid it like the plague, but as life style changed, lbs melted away and muscles started to grow I actually get pretty excited for it now. You get all sorts of free stuff too!

Hoping to run in to some of my weight loss idols too, a lot of them are floating around there.

I've flown in and out of John Glenn (nee Port Columbus) in the last several years the weekend of the Arnold, and it's comical seeing some of the people walking around. I envision a cartoon where some huge meathead has to walk sideways out of the plane, squeezing through it the whole way.

That said, I am proud that such a unique event has become so successful and really is a great draw for the city. Seriously, there are a lot of people and business interest that represent.

Could be worse groups...I'll never forget there was some cosplay convention in Pittsburgh when I was there for business, and the kids walking the streets were ridic looking.

I've flown in and out of John Glenn (nee Port Columbus) in the last several years the weekend of the Arnold, and it's comical seeing some of the people walking around. I envision a cartoon where some huge meathead has to walk sideways out of the plane, squeezing through it the whole way.

That said, I am proud that such a unique event has become so successful and really is a great draw for the city. Seriously, there are a lot of people and business interest that represent.

Could be worse groups...I'll never forget there was some cosplay convention in Pittsburgh when I was there for business, and the kids walking the streets were ridic looking.

As hilarious as it is to maintain that image, when I worked at a coffee shop in the convention center in high school, we LOVED the Arnold. The clientele was demanding (everyone needs a special drink that's allowed on their diet), unlike the gamer/anime conventions (GIMME AS MUCH FUCKING BLACK COFFEE AS YOU CAN WITH AS MUCH ESPRESSO AS THIS $5 WILL GET ME), but I always had to chuckle at how underrepresented the stereotypical meathead was. Most of the people there are businessmen and women who just happen to be REALLY FUCKING FIT. They're mostly smart people making smart decisions to make their companies grow.

I haven't been in probably 3 or 4 years now. I used to go every year, but I really don't like being in giant cluster fucks of people and it has gotten to be way too much for me. It really sucks as I know a bunch of people working and wandering around. It was almost a guarantee that I would run into someone from out of town that I knew each year.

I haven't gone to the Arnold in 2 years, but since I am on the other side of things now I will be there. Cory is definitely a good dude, I harassed the poor guy for a year to be my friend by @'ing him on IG and sending nudes via snapchat, just kidding about the nudes. I'll be the tall goofy dude taking orders in the booth though if any of you swing through

I'm sure Corey got out of MP before this blew up:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/16/musclepharm-founder-brad-pyatt-resigns-as-ceo-after-federal-investigation/

MusclePharm founder Brad Pyatt resigns as CEO after federal investigation

By THE DENVER POST | newsroom@denverpost.com PUBLISHED: March 16, 2016 at 5:26 am | UPDATED: April 14, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Brad Pyatt has resigned as CEO of MusclePharm, six months after a federal investigation of the Denver-based nutritional supplement company he founded.

He also will leave the board of directors, MusclePharm said in a news release Wednesday.

Executive chairman Ryan Drexler will serve as interim CEO and president while the company searches for a permanent replacement.

Pyatt founded MusclePharm in 2008 after four seasons in the NFL, mostly with the Indianapolis Colts. He served as MusclePharm’s president from 2012 to 2014, and was board chairman until June

“It has been an amazing ride, and I want to personally thank all of the great people and partners who helped along the way in the development of this great company,” Pyatt said in a statement. “A good entrepreneur has to know when it’s time to hand leadership over, and I feel it is the right time for me and the company.”

In September, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charged MusclePharm with accounting and disclosure violations, including failure to report perks for its executives, including Pyatt.

The SEC investigation found nearly $500,000 worth of unreported perks, including $244,000 paid to Pyatt for vehicles, clothing, meals, golf club memberships, and personal tax and legal services.

Others named in the investigation were former chief financial officers L. Gary Davis and Lawrence Meer, and then-audit committee chairman Donald Prosser.

The SEC also found MusclePharm owed its vendors about $1.1 million and was short on funds to pay them.

MusclePharm and the four individuals named by the SEC agreed to settle the charges and pay penalties without admitting to or denying the findings. Pyatt agreed to pay a $150,000 penalty.

MusclePharm agreed to pay a $700,000 penalty and hire an independent monitor for a year.

In June, MusclePharm signed an advisory deal with fitness guru Bill Phillips.

Earlier this month, MusclePharm reported that it expected its fourth quarter revenue to increase 21 percent over the previous quarter to $41 million. The company’s stock was up 15 percent at $3.52 Wednesday morning.

Drexler praised Pyatt as “a valuable innovator and contributor to MusclePharm.” He said the company will continue with growth and restructuring plans after Pyatt’s departure, according to the statement.

Pyatt is a Arvada West High School graduate and now is head coach of the football team there. He also played wide receiver at the University of Northern Colorado, and played two seasons for the Colorado Crush arena football team.

He was out long before that went down. I am not at liberty to go in to details as it's really none of my business but I know things went south with MP and Cory long before that came to light.

That is what I was saying, he most likely knew what those guys were doing and got the f out of dodge.