Ford Focus RS

Versluis

So I pass by the Delaware Ford dealership every week and I see their Ford Focus RS's on the lot and it got me wondering. I have started to really like them and wouldn't mind having one in my garage instead of the VW. I went online and built one to the spec I would like to see if it was in my price range.

I went online to see which ones were available and I see there is a $10k mark up? Are they really selling $10k above MSRP?

Model specific forums will give you more info but locally you're going to pay adm. How much is up to the dealer and your skills.

If you would buy somewhere and ship or drive back you should get one at MSRP no problem, just like the gt350...

Focus interior is pretty lulzy compared to vw. They're also much smaller inside than the vws. I'd grab a golf r if I was you, or a b8.5 s4.

RS is good but the potential is only really unlocked once you void the warranty and go stage 2. The gains are insane with stage 2 and a tune (see below). However, if you look at the RS vs STi they have very similar numbers without upgrades... not sure it's worth it to pay a lot more for a RS. Probably driving both is the best way to see which you like better though. Subaru seems to be keeping the same motor for the 2018 STi as well.

(1:30 is the dyno chart)

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-ford-focus-rs-vs-subaru-wrx-sti-vw-golf-r-comparison-test

Model specific forums will give you more info but locally you're going to pay adm. How much is up to the dealer and your skills.

If you would buy somewhere and ship or drive back you should get one at MSRP no problem, just like the gt350...

Focus interior is pretty lulzy compared to vw. They're also much smaller inside than the vws. I'd grab a golf r if I was you, or a b8.5 s4.

I have noticed they are smaller and for a big guy like me not sure it will work. Always had a soft spot for the S4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already had an R. Not worth taking that step back... let's be honest Taylor... it's STI time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Matt I have always loved the STi. I do like restyling. The Golf R is nice and would love to have one. The RS has really caught my attention though. Rode through a Ford lot down in Louisville today and they had three. Paying over MSRP makes 0 sense to though and I have to fit in it.

Matt I have always loved the STi. I do like restyling. The Golf R is nice and would love to have one. The RS has really caught my attention though. Rode through a Ford lot down in Louisville today and they had three. Paying over MSRP makes 0 sense to though and I have to fit in it.

I went through this same debate in November. You can find them for MSRP fairly easy and if you really shop you can get one at invoice since a lot of people have backed out on orders. I like them a lot but for a DD they ride pretty stiff and besides the seats I couldn't get over the terrible and cheap feeling interior. I ended up picking up an R for invoice from MAG and have been very happy with it. If you need more room I'd recommend a Chevrolet SS. GM was offering 20% off until March 13th so you could have got one for $38-40k depending on options but good luck finding one now.

If you need more room I'd recommend a Chevrolet SS. GM was offering 20% off until March 13th so you could have got one for $38-40k depending on options but good luck finding one now.

It took every ounce of discipline I have to not pull the trigger on one of those!

He already had an R. Not worth taking that step back... let's be honest Taylor... it's STI time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Speaking of going backwards, let's buy a 15 year old Subaru engine :dumb:

I went through this same debate in November. You can find them for MSRP fairly easy and if you really shop you can get one at invoice since a lot of people have backed out on orders. I like them a lot but for a DD they ride pretty stiff and besides the seats I couldn't get over the terrible and cheap feeling interior. I ended up picking up an R for invoice from MAG and have been very happy with it. If you need more room I'd recommend a Chevrolet SS. GM was offering 20% off until March 13th so you could have got one for $38-40k depending on options but good luck finding one now.

Can't really go wrong with either of the 3 choices. All hold value very well, perform very well and would be a lot of fun. Imprezas have a ton of room in them, so it'd be a tough choice vs the r but I think I'd get the r. Focus would be dead last for me, not even on the list.

A lot of times that dealer markup is there to keep fuckstick stancebros away, and to make people feel like a winner when they get it "down" to MSRP.

If you want it, go there and have an open and honest discussion about your desires and expectations. Not "I AIN'T GONNA PAY THAT BS MARKUP!" but "I'm a serious buyer if we find the right car at the right price, but I'm not interested anywhere over MSRP. Is it worth it for you and I to continue this conversation?"

Source: Have sold new cars over MSRP.

never pay markup.

Markup on the GT350 is why I bought the Stingray instead. Fuk that noise.

Just wait it out, the RS is the real deal, its a good car, and its not the car's fault dealers are gouging douchebags.

In time it'll come down to reality.

As for interior you'll have to pick to size: Fat guy=Golf, Fit guy=RS