Top Gear ???

AudiOn19s

Anyone watching it? I've enjoyed the first two episodes quite a bit. They got rid of the shouty red head guy, they got rid of Sabine, who I love but is horrible on camera, and they got rid of Eddie Jordan.

What's left is Chris Harris (my favorite automotive journalist) , Joey from Friends and Rory Ried. They're still struggling a little bit for chemistry but it's way better and much more like the show of old. I don't think you'll ever get the chemistry of the trio that is now Grand Tour but Top Gear has made a turn in the right direction and now has the presenters it should have had last year.

He was the biggest surprise last season...he's actually pretty good and knows his stuff

He was a guest on there years ago. Didn't he have the fastest celebrity time on the test track?

He's appeared as a guest on a number of various car shows over the years. Definitely a car guy

He was the biggest surprise last season...he's actually pretty good and knows his stuff

He has like a 100+ motorcycle collection that he has been accruing since the days he was on friends. I think it's mostly sport bikes and dirt bikes, some vintage stuff. I think I remember him doing some amateur racing or track days with WERA. I know he got the first Aprillia RSV NERA back in 2003.

His car collection is filled with boring exotics - 911 GT2, Ferrari whatevers, I mean don't get me wrong they are nice cars but it just seems like the same stuff any Hollywood actor buys. It's more interesting that he is a rabid formula 1 fan, and prior to Top Gear he was doing driver interviews for I think NBC (there is a really awkward one on youtube where he interviews Kimi Raikkonen).

I get where you're going with this and pretty much agree, but GT2 was a bad example as it's pretty hard core when it comes to 911's and known as "The Widow Maker" for a reason.

I was waiting for someone to call me out on this ;) I think he also owns a Fiat x1/9 but mostly it's 360 and 458 ferraris and AMG mercedes. He's really more a bike guy.

Pretty good, I was presently surprised. Loved Chris Harris on the FXX K segment.

+100. I cracked up when he talked about taking an alien on a hot lap to show his "little green friend" how they're coming about with this whole car thing. :lol:

Still one of my favorite Chris Harris' segment is the one on his Citroen 2CV. "Crash performance is, uhh.....middling to POOR..." Yeah, no shit. :lolguy:

He has like a 100+ motorcycle collection that he has been accruing since the days he was on friends. I think it's mostly sport bikes and dirt bikes, some vintage stuff. I think I remember him doing some amateur racing or track days with WERA. I know he got the first Aprillia RSV NERA back in 2003.

His car collection is filled with boring exotics - 911 GT2, Ferrari whatevers, I mean don't get me wrong they are nice cars but it just seems like the same stuff any Hollywood actor buys. It's more interesting that he is a rabid formula 1 fan, and prior to Top Gear he was doing driver interviews for I think NBC (there is a really awkward one on youtube where he interviews Kimi Raikkonen).

I saw an interview with him and he listed some of his "pre-fame" cars and projects, and it read like a list of wheels we'd all be working. The fact that he had "project" cars just in itself marks him as a gearhead.

If I came into a huge wad of cash i'd probably buy a pile of bikes and a bunch of oddball exotics.

I really want Jay Leno's Doble Steamer