CBJ Playoff schedule just released...

HotCarl

If you paid a lot of money to watch this now shitty Jackets team, you might as well have just lit your money on fire. Where the fuck is 71 all fuckin game? Way too much play behind the net, it's like I'm watching the 2010 jackets again... Dump, Dump, Dump, sloppy pass, turnover....

That is how you generate offense.....the whole team is built around the fore check. You dump and pressure, which will hopefully cause the other team to make a sloppy clearing pass, causing a turnover, and then a goal.

No one is playing wide open end to end rush style in the playoffs. If they do they will lose.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit totally missed that. Keep an eye on the NHL app, they normally allow you to stream a game for free each night. They might open it up with the playoffs.

Yea - I am going to have to check on Friday. I have a yearly subscription to NHL.TV, so I will just have to see.

That is how you generate offense.....the whole team is built around the fore check. You dump and pressure, which will hopefully cause the other team to make a sloppy clearing pass, causing a turnover, and then a goal.

No one is playing wide open end to end rush style in the playoffs. If they do they will lose.

Which is exactly how Calvert got his goal. Not to mention how Rust got his goal as well, dump, turnover created, pass pass goal.

One glaring mistake made my coaching staff (maybe just Torts) is how and why they started Carlson and Harrington over Quincey and Nutivaara?! Starting a rookie with 4 NHL REGULAR season games under his belt and a guy who's bumped between NHL and AHL all season over a proven, stable veteran Dman in Quincey and while Nutivaara is still a rookie he has a hell of a lot more playing time at the NHL level than the other two.

Two of those goals were squarely on that defensive pair. After rewatching the first period CBJ had plenty of chances in the first, have to convert on those.

Which is exactly how Calvert got his goal. Not to mention how Rust got his goal as well, dump, turnover created, pass pass goal.

One glaring mistake made my coaching staff (maybe just Torts) is how and why they started Carlson and Harrington over Quincey and Nutivaara?! Starting a rookie with 4 NHL REGULAR season games under his belt and a guy who's bumped between NHL and AHL all season over a proven, stable veteran Dman in Quincey and while Nutivaara is still a rookie he has a hell of a lot more playing time at the NHL level than the other two.

Two of those goals were squarely on that defensive pair. After rewatching the first period CBJ had plenty of chances in the first, have to convert on those.

Harrington straight up tried to block the first goal by going skinny and letting him rip away. He should have stood up wide and got infront of it instead of being scared.

Harrington straight up tried to block the first goal by going skinny and letting him rip away. He should have stood up wide and got infront of it instead of being scared.

He was trying to take away the cross ice pass simultaneously. It was like he couldn't decide if he should commit to one or the other. Block the pass or the shot. Give FFPK that much space and time and he'll snipe it for sure.

It's a rookie move made by a rookie. Can't blame him but that's the type of stuff you do early in the regular season, not in the playoffs.

He was trying to take away the cross ice pass simultaneously. It was like he couldn't decide if he should commit to one or the other. Block the pass or the shot. Give FFPK that much space and time and he'll snipe it for sure.

It's a rookie move made by a rookie. Can't blame him but that's the type of stuff you do early in the regular season, not in the playoffs.

That's my take on that play. He couldn't decide what he was going to do, let Bob take the shot and take away the cross ice pass or block the shooting lane. Also brought on by Savard being in the box, I'm sure he wouldn't be on the PK if Savard was available.

I'm also wondering why they went with Carlson, rather than Nutivaara or Quincey. My guess is they weren't 100%? That's all I can think of. Harrington didn't bother me as much b/c I thought he played pretty well the last few weeks of the season, but Nutivaara was moving the puck pretty well and Quincey was relatively solid.

It fell to one bad period really in the second.

CBJ got arrogant from the 1st period domination...all but scoring of course 16-3 shots...Then come the second period they let off the gas a little and the Pens rope a doped them perfectly.

Andre will cough up some goals, just be patient. The series will go the distance.

What I don't understand is they brought in Quincey for this very reason. A veteran, physical D-man with a lot of playoff experience. And Torts said he was worried about his "foot speed" and keeping up with the pace that's why he scratched him ?!?!?! fucking foot speed?! Not a whole lot of races going on when you're on the PK.

I, as a fan, have a lot of faith in torts as a coach. I just thought it was an out of charecter, risky move that didn't pay off. Rumor is game 2's third pair will be Quincey/Carlson or Nutivaara/Harrington ... jesus.

The only plus side is third pairings don't play a lot of minutes in the playoffs anyway.

If dump dump dump generates offense, the jackets are doing it wrong. This is the Jackets of old, where are the skillful passes and puck movement and points they scored on the winning streak earlier this year, they are playing completely different now. In a bad way. Maybe next year they will win their first series. Once this team clinched the playoffs, they are just showing up. They have to win in Shittsburgh to move on and that isn't happening.

Love Calvert but he clearly lost his fucking mind. Either way i predict two game suspension. Milano isn't half the player Calvert is in playoff form.

Another game, another dominant first period, another strong outing in winning most metrics except the one that matters the most.

Werenski lifts his backhand a bit more, Cam finishes on a wide open net and its a completely different series. Bunch of what-if's that don't really matter anymore. Can't wait for Game 3!

Ill assume people figured this out last night, but SlingTV on USA had the game last night, now sure if thats where it will be Friday?

It is the NHL Network games I had an issue with, but I signed up for Sling for 7 days - and Sling has NHLN

If dump dump dump generates offense, the jackets are doing it wrong. This is the Jackets of old, where are the skillful passes and puck movement and points they scored on the winning streak earlier this year, they are playing completely different now. In a bad way. Maybe next year they will win their first series. Once this team clinched the playoffs, they are just showing up. They have to win in Shittsburgh to move on and that isn't happening.

They just aren't converting their chances. Remember the CBJ is built around play a dominating 1st period, get a couple of goals. Take the 2nd period to slow the game down, since you have the long change. Play an aggressive 3rd period.

The problem is, they aren't getting their goals in the 1st period, so that style doesn't work then.