CBJ Playoff schedule just released...

HotCarl

The real issue I have is how the NHL structures the playoffs, its a joke relative to season success. The Jackets should not have to play the pens in a first round, thats my main beef in this whole ordeal.

This bothers me...... It is an excuse for losing before you even hit the ice to play the game. So what if we meet them in Rd 1 or in the ECF...we still have to play and beat them.

The CBJ controlled their own destiny and seeding since they clinched....had they played well they could have won the Presidents trophy too....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bothers me...... It is an excuse for losing before you even hit the ice to play the game. So what if we meet them in Rd 1 or in the ECF...we still have to play and beat them.

The CBJ controlled their own destiny and seeding since they clinched....had they played well they could have won the Presidents trophy too....

The real complaint comes that you have the top three teams in hockey (Caps, CBJ, Pens) basically all playing each other in some scenario in the first and second round. Whereas, would it have been the traditional eastern conference 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 etc... the seeding would've been MUCH different. "Hey congrats on a great season, now you get to play the second seed".

That being said, no one in the cbj organization has complained about the structure because they know it's a moot argument. It doesn't matter if they don't like it or its not "fair", it is what it is. I have heard pundits and critics outside of organization's criticize the structure.

Last nights game was fucking great. It seems they finally realized that at not point in time can they stop being aggressive. They kept attacking and never rested on the lead.

Guetzel get's murdered by Quincey (twice) was pretty nice to see. And should be a statement for anyone criticizing his speed.

Karlsson and Nutivaara had great games. It's still a LONG, uphill battle of winning 3 in a row vs the defending champs.

Forget for a moment about the series. I am not arguing the outcome thus far.

What I am saying is the merit of the regular season is deteriorated by the dumbest possible method for playoff seeding.

LOL...okay. Lets see what the stats actually say here when he actually is put into some crucial moments, with large amount of ice time.

Sorry to offend you Mrs. Harrington.

Stats for defensemen are mostly meaningless, even advanced metrics, but even the statistics greatly favor Nuti over Harrington. Most important of all, anyone who has been watching will tell you Harrington hasn't been good. Have you seen him play? What does Harrington do well?

The refs are terrible, consistent theme.

Bull shit penalty on "goalie interference" with Andre completely out of the crease and indirect contact...Joke. Takes the tying goal away. Leads to a pen goal...pivotal moment dictated by BAD a bad call. Torts had his right to be livid.

Bob being and avg. goalie in the playoffs has hurt, no front line hurts, but the team still has something for next year.

Edited by Brandon

The refs are terrible, consistent theme.

Bull shit penalty on "goalie interference" with Andre completely out of the crease and indirect contact...Joke. Leads to goal...

Bob being and avg. goalie in the playoffs has hurt, no front line hurts, but the team still has something for next year.

Agreed on all points.

I'm just sick of calls always going against us. Anytime there's a horse shit penalty, it's on us. Anytime there's guys on both sides mixing it up and we dare have the gall to stand up for ourselves, we get a penalty for roughing.

These refs are bullshit

Wished they could have gone a little deeper, but I'm encouraged. They're a piece or two and a lot of maturity away from being a really great team. I know we've heard that before, but believe it here.

Agreed on all points.

I'm just sick of calls always going against us. Anytime there's a horse shit penalty, it's on us. Anytime there's guys on both sides mixing it up and we dare have the gall to stand up for ourselves, we get a penalty for roughing.

These refs are bullshit

I think the bad calls went both ways this series. Way too many bad calls, and then shitty "make up" calls. Refs were way too involved in the series overall, deciding way too much momentum for both teams.

• 3 weeks later...