Wheel/Tire blowout on highway - ODOT/City reimbursement claim?

zeitgeist57

ODOT said that stretch of Rt. 315 between I-670 on the north side of downtown and I-70/71 is actually city-maintained highway. City of Columbus made me file a new claim, which the woman was pleasant enough and online tracking was simple, but this thing was open-shut within a few days. After I got the letter, I went online and saw that my claim was closed within days of being filed.

Get the media involved. If this is happening to you, there is 100% chance its happening to others. Tell them your full story, let them run with it. I'd bet $100 Columbus sends you a check realquick'

http://www.10tv.com/sendusnews

Drag DR34's (multi-bolt pattern)

Drag DR37's (BMW single-pattern)

It was not my style of wheel, but they have grown on me with the look of the BMW and I didn't want to do all new wheels if I could get one replacement for cheap. $100 to have a 17x7.5 shipped to my house. Was decently impressed by the casting quality and light weight.

I've spent more on a ChinaBay set of 4 wheels for my old Passat years ago, and this brand (sold through America's Tire/Discount Tire chains) was good for a street wheel.

Damnit Clay, you're always a day late and dollar short on my for sale threads! I traded a set of dr37's for a tool box on here a few months ago. Same set the tires came off of.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No worries, Shaun. I didn't want to change from the 17s. Most E36's I feel don't look right with 18s or bigger wheels IMO. Plus, 17in tires are pretty damn cheap.

JP, I'm good. You ARE right, though....there are ALWAYS cars on the side of that highway, right where my tires blew out. I wonder why it's so bad.

Austin at Lucore, dude has always treated me very well (must be all the hand jobs :p).

on a completely unrelated note...what were the wheels you went with again? too lazy to look back through this thread and Austin just called me to tell me 3 of my 4 wheels are bent.

Anything I can't do myself I take to Lucore. They've done a great just with the Mustang.

Northend also did a good job on my wifes car a couple years ago after she hit something on 71.