Vacation Suggestions?

HotCarl

when: June 5-9 (mon-fri)

cost: let's try and keep it under a few hundred, everything included.

destination: surprise me

We're already going to England June 16-24, and spent a nice amount on airfare alone. Trying to keep this vacation much more reasonable but can't really think of anything to do. Maybe camping? Vegas? taking a train out west to see the rockies? dunno. Finding a cheap all-inclusive in Mexico? Jackson Hole Wyoming (never been but always wanted to go, not sure on cost)?

I'm pretty pumped about going hoping the pond to jolly ol' London. It'll be my first venture outside of the states.

I've been kicking around the idea of traveling cross country by train but my timeline might be an issue ... http://dereklow.co/across-the-usa-by-train-for-just-213/

any suggestions?

Nashville or Gatlinburg or both.

Pretty cheap, I have been debating saying fuck off to work for a week and hopping down there and just Airbnb'ing it and being a drunk fuck for the week. Lots of live music and seems like there is always something to do.

Nashville or Gatlinburg or both.

Pretty cheap, I have been debating saying fuck off to work for a week and hopping down there and just Airbnb'ing it and being a drunk fuck for the week. Lots of live music and seems like there is always something to do.

We've been to Smashville many times and always had a great time. I could probably be up to explore the city a bit more though. Every time we've gone in the past it was for a hockey tournament so you don't have a lot of free time between games to just explore.

A few hundred? Campsite at Alum Creek..

Depending on the trip i should say. Obviously camping would be way cheaper than finding an all inclusive resort on Groupon, but the Groupon may be a better "deal".

I have actually been searching for budget vacation spots over the past few weeks for Ashley and I, And I was able to come up with a few good spots... Maybe they can help you.

Talsa, OK: I know it sounds crazy (or at least it did to me), but I was actually able to find some fun stuff to do in the area. Hotels are not crazy bad and there are plenty of points if interest.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g51697-Activities-Tulsa_Oklahoma.html

Boca Raton, FL: Looked like a nice spot. The drive seemed to be nice (or flight) but the area looked good in my eyes for a nice relaxing getaway.

Chincoteague Island, VA: nice quiet island full of wild horses. Plenty of camping, walking trails, and beaches. Resorts and Hotels near by were not crazy expensive and seemed like a great fit if you are looking for something quiet.

Hope this helps :)

I have actually been searching for budget vacation spots over the past few weeks for Ashley and I, And I was able to come up with a few good spots... Maybe they can help you.

Talsa, OK: I know it sounds crazy (or at least it did to me), but I was actually able to find some fun stuff to do in the area. Hotels are not crazy bad and there are plenty of points if interest.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g51697-Activities-Tulsa_Oklahoma.html

Boca Raton, FL: Looked like a nice spot. The drive seemed to be nice (or flight) but the area looked good in my eyes for a nice relaxing getaway.

Chincoteague Island, VA: nice quiet island full of wild horses. Plenty of camping, walking trails, and beaches. Resorts and Hotels near by were not crazy expensive and seemed like a great fit if you are looking for something quiet.

Hope this helps :)

Absolutely, we actually enjoy long weekend getaways to odd places like Tulsa, though we've never actually considered Tulsa before lol.