If you've ever had mail stolen or mis-delivered....

TTQ B4U

This is a great new service that has finally come about.

https://reg.usps.com/entreg/LoginAction_input?app=RMIN&appURL=https%3A%2F%2Frealmail.usps.com%2Fbox%2Fpages%2Fsecure%2FHomeAction_input.action

Over the winter we had mutliple different/temporary mail carriers that were mis-delieverying our mail. It was so bad that nieghbors all over were complaining at our community meetings and it seemed like after work we were all re-deliverying mail and packages.

This has continued and even to this day it's a real PIA. We made a major purchase on our credit card to earn points and always pay them off but on this particular bill...BAM! fucking mis-delievered and I had to contact the bank, etc. It all worked out but damn people!!

Now it's real easy to show the post office folks that YES indeed YOUR CARRIER is the one fucking up.

Cliffs:

Post office scans and emails you at around 6-7am what mail is out for delivery to you that day. This way you can compare what was said to be delivered and was actually delivered.

......We made a major purchase on our credit card to earn points and always pay them off but on this particular bill...BAM! fucking mis-delievered and I had to contact the bank, etc. It all worked out but damn people!!.

That's the problem. You are putting important things in the hands of these people.

Do you "sit down to do the bills"? Just get all your stuff online-only, and its all in your own control!

Only thing we ever get in the mail is junk unless its obviously a birthday card, ect. No way in hell I could sort actual bills from credit card offers ect being all in the same types of business envelopes!

That's the problem. You are putting important things in the hands of these people.

Do you "sit down to do the bills"? Just get all your stuff online-only, and its all in your own control!

Only thing we ever get in the mail is junk unless its obviously a birthday card, ect. No way in hell I could sort actual bills from credit card offers ect being all in the same types of business envelopes!

We do a lot of online and auto pay stuff but with this purchase we opted to just get the bill and go to the bank and pay it. End of day it is still a PIA when the carrier doesn't pay attention to street names. Luckily we have come to know the folks at the same house number 3 streets away :)

I'm in the same boat. We live on a dead end street, and there is a court that breaks off our street. Two houses within 100 yards of each other with the same number. Seriously? It's a 4 digit number. There are only about 25 houses on both streets combined. So make one of the houses 6777 and the other 6775. That would most likely solve the problem completely. It's never been a major problem. We're friends with the other house. But it is at least once a month we take their mail to them or they are dropping ours off to us.

eh....the number of things I have seen regarding electronic credit card statement manipulation, esp with smaller banks and utilities providers, not really confidence inspiring. I still get paper statements (which I archive for years) but I pay online.

My most recent catch was AEP. I had a problem with them overbilling, because their reader was making a mistake with his readings. My paper statements reflected this, but the moment I pointed it out to AEP they went back and historically corrected all the online statements, so if I didn't have paper ones they sent me there wouldn't be any proof of their error. I had a similar problem with a small bank credit card a while back where they had been charging at an incorrect rate and they did the same thing...so now I am a paranoid wonk about statements.

What a terrible post office we have where I live. I signed up on Saturday for this service and today was the first I got an email. None of the mail they had scans of delivered. I got a junk Kohl's ad and some other junk mail that was not even shown to be arriving today. I then went back to sign in and it now shows that I got no mail today. Seems like just another thing the post office can screw up..