Odyssey timing belt

nurkvinny

I had a Firestone and one other place do a written quote then went to Germain Honda and they almost price matched. But this was 5-ish years ago. It wa still about 750. Good luck.

I wouldn't unless you know someone in there.

Hinderer was $1395.

Oh we got a deal then..we paid $1495 for ours at Roush Honda..they threw in a free water pump sarcasm

Edited by MrMeanGreen

Lucore is a friend to CR, just sayin'

Pm Austin and see what he wants to do it. He did the timing belt on the wife's Audi, did a stellar job and it was almost half what the dealer wanted.

Nothing real fancy about doing it special tool wise other than a crankshaft pulley holder helps. Independent shops shouldn't have a problem. Use a Aisin water pump and Gates kit. We also replace the hydraulic tensioner as typically once we get in there we find that the top seal on it has seeped some fluid out of the body. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hey nurkvinny, if you're still in need of this repair give me a shout, I do these weekly in my auto shop in Cols. Normally with this service I also replace spark plugs, serpentine belt since it's coming off anyway & trans fluid service as well. 614-271-8373, call or text if still looking, I'll take care of you, thanks!!

Whoa! Not sure who quoted that but Gut Lawd that's a deal!

Just a friendly break down so the community can see some transparency here.

Timing Belt Job : 5.5 hrs

Water Pump Job : 5.8 hrs (So call it 6 to be overly cautious)

Spark Plug Job : 1.9 hrs (Includes removal of plenum for 2nd bank plugs)

So in hours alone you are essentially at 8 hours. Typical shop labor rate you are in the $100 range, we do CR Labor at $85, and in labor alone that's eaten up the entire $800 quote and parts/fluids aren't even involved yet! Whatever wizardry they are pulling you best lock that price in!

It will turn out fine. A good kit plus fluids, etc. would be $250ish. $90 for plugs. That's still $460 left. What I don't get is the reasoning behind charging so much labor for the water pump while the mechanic is already in there???

The only difference between doing the Timing Job @ 5.5 hrs and adding the Water Pump @ 5.8 hrs is .3 hours which is about 20 minutes. That's fantastic that someone was able to get it done for the number you were looking for though glad to hear you got taken care of!

• 2 weeks later...

All buttoned up. Glad I had the plugs done... 2 of 3 plugs on the rear bank were really bad. Like, surprised codes weren't being thrown bad. Tensioner was very sketchy feeling, but the belt itself looked really good for 110k miles.

Also had the leaking power steering pump replaced, which added $250, but was cheaper than I could have bought a reman pump.