Need opinions for a buddy

Green Bastard

A buddy of mine had a 1st gen Camaro with a 502 and a blower. He is thinking about going fuel injection and is looking at a kit from a place called Joe Blo speed shop, the kit puts 8 injectors in a plate above the blower. It seems to me that putting the injectors above the blower could make it hard to tune, but idk much about supercharged setups as I have never owned or worked on one. Would that be a decent setup? Any suggestions for a better route to go? Fwiw, it is a 8-71 blower.

I know carbs have been mounted atop blowers for a long time, in fact the blower helps with fuel atomization, I just don't know how different it would be for 8 fuel injectors sitting up there. I'm sure it would work just fine, I just don't know how it works or if there is a better setup. Steve, I'm not totally sure why he wants to go fuel injection, I didn't ask. He has had this setup for a long time and I think he is just looking for a way to change things up a little and improve drivability.

Typically when you are doing a FI swap you are doing it below, I'm actually in the process of doing something similar. As long as the setup he is getting comes with full tuning capacity and isn't just a "self learning" unit though I imagine it should be fine. You'll get data from sensors that should allow any tweaks and adjustments necessary.