GRRRRR DODGE, Yeah I know LOL @ Me

gillbot

Got the car back finally. Had 3 printouts from the alignment (As found, after fix and before leaving). They said initial readings showed the toe way out but the rest seemed ok. They adjusted the toe and all looked good so they drove it around and put it back on the rack, same good readings. Seems like they just disagree with the readings from Goodyear but overall I don't care. I told them i'll take the papers to Goodyear and if the tires go to shit again, they are on the hook for the alignment so they agreed. Guess it wasn't that bad after all, aside from getting a completely new radiator and all new hoses. LOL

So, I have a few questions - how often do you drive the car? is it a DD? or a weekend toy you use year round?

Other than this issue with the tire, have you had any other problems?

Every time I see a new challenger I get smitten with how good they look and spend the rest of my day looking at the classifieds, but I've never really heard anybody tell me what it is like owning one. Has the car been a lot of little issues or is it otherwise fine and this is just a major annoyance?

despite this, do you still like the car?

I love the car. I've put 15k on it in ~2 years which isn't much by most standards but if you knew my old Camaro it's a lot. My old Camaro only got 13k in 10+ years before I ended up selling it. I bought this one and intended on leaving it basically stock and enjoying it, which I do.

It's more of a toy but I do use it as a DD when my work truck is in the shop. I also take it everywhere after work because my truck isn't travel friendly. I take it everywhere else unless we need the space of the minivan. Heck, I even drove it to Michigan for woodward dream cruise with the family.

Other than this recent set of events, it's been solid with zero issues. I just get in, beat the hell out of it and put it back away. As with all cars though, they'll be quirks. If you google, there are a few known issues with the earlier 6.4 cars like mine such as the radiator. The other being sticking brakes after hard driving in wet then putting it away, but that could happen with any car really.

So maybe Goodyear Tire Tech wasn't doing the alignment check properly and all you needed was a toe adjustment? Improperly seated signal hats on the wheels? Cross-eyed technician?

Could have been all of the above for all I know. As long as it's right, I don't care.