GRRRRR DODGE, Yeah I know LOL @ Me

gillbot

tl;dr summary

DODGE LOL, Goodyear is ok in my book.

Ok, decided I want to change the centercaps on my wheels and rotate tires because the Eagle F1 Supercars are getting a tad worn in the front so I wrestle the car in the air and I see this:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_3854_zpselvxctyv.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_3855_zpszuq9jkiy.jpg

Well damn. I don't care if the tires are getting worn or not, they should NOT be cracked!! I call the dealer and see if they'll do anything. NOPE. They advise me to call goodyear so I do. They set up an appointment and I take the car in there.

I arrive and the guy advises they need to get it up and take pictures and such. After a bit, guy calls me to the counter after I hear him haggling with corporate on the phone. Figuring i'm gonna get told to pound sand I had already looked up a few sets of tires on tirerack and was prepared to walk out and order. Surprisingly the guy at the goodyear store got corporate to replace the tires under warranty (EDIT for clarity: Prorated for wear of course).

Now, if they are replaced with the same Eagle F1 Supercar I'd be out the door for $2127 installed after "discounts and credit". I laugh and tell him I don't want those POS tires ever again then figure i'm in for an overpriced tire ride from here on out. He advised they have to be the same speed rating and blah blah for goodyear to do anything. I ask what's the cheapest option he has so he offers a set of goodyear eagle sport all seasons. Cool, I figure i'll get another laughable price but no, out the door for $524 total installed. DONE DEAL! I can't even get cheap-o knockoff tires for that so I jump.

He advises he needs to check the alignment for goodyear since my tires are HEAVILY mis-worn but he fought for me due to the low mileage on the car. No problem, I advise him that if the alignment is that out i'll go back to the dealer and fight for warranty there. He agrees and understands. After a bit I think why bother fighting with the dealer , may as well pay them to do it that way if they gripe later, they are on the hook for all of it. I tell him just do it and be done with it.

Here's where things get fun. Guy calls me back to tell me they can't do the alignment because the whole damn cradle needs adjusted and they won't touch it. F ME.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_0442_zpss67mskhl.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_0441_zps2seibow4.jpg

Now can anyone make sense of these numbers? They said one tire was so worn it had 5/32 on one edge and nearly cords on the other. The ONLY reason they warrantied them was because at 15k miles, it's not my fault if it's that far out and can't be fixed so likely goodyear will go back on dodge for these tires but whatever.

Now I have to go to the dealer for an alignment and bring the paperwork back to goodyear for them to further warranty these new tires but i'm ok with that. I get the car home, pop it in the garage. When I get up in the morning I get ready to head to the dealer and I find this crap.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_0443_zpsqrxptl8t.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/IMG_0444_zpskfnaljhl.jpg

**($#$(*@*$^@#&$@#*%$^@# is all I can say now. It's at the dodge dealer now waiting to be serviced. They'll likely have it for a week since their alignment guy is off until tuesday but whatever. It'll either sit here or sit there and maybe in the mean time they can find/fix the leak until the alignment guy comes back.

Edited by gillbot

So the dealership only has one guy that can do an alignment? what kind of fuckery is that?

They do a lot of higher end cars, he's their main alignment guy. If it's a simple alignment they probably have other techs but this one they want him to do it.

I'm guessing that because they're so worn that there is some prorated back.

Yeah, they were basically bald all the way around but I figured it was worth a shot to get anything out of them. I would have run them through the summer as slicks had they not had the sidewall cracks. My quick glance before I went in told me one was just above the wear bar but when they showed me the tires, one was treadless on the one edge while the other edge had around 5/32 left. Two were basically bald with only minimal shadows of tread blocks remaining and I didn't pay attention to the fourth. Since they were so badly cracked they basically prorated them to 1/4 to 1/3 life remaining which in my opinion is being very generous, so I didn't complain.

Waiting for Geeto to come in and explain, in great detail, how everything should work in this as well as how alignments work and what each measurement on the picture means.

Did you run out of pictures in my Facebook Album to fap too?

That's one impressively screwed up alignment! Umm... yea that had to track and wear really interesting. That's even beyond someone who "knows alignments" randomly screwing around. Guessing this is the first time on an alignment rack, original OEM tires?

That's one impressively screwed up alignment! Umm... yea that had to track and wear really interesting. That's even beyond someone who "knows alignments" randomly screwing around. Guessing this is the first time on an alignment rack, original OEM tires?

Yep, only 15k on the clock so never bothered to have it checked.

Guessing you drove the car during the colder months? Those tires HATE that, and will crack.

+1 to this. I know GM will NOT pay for any performance tire that was used below 40*F. Sales found this out the hard way when they got to buy 4 tires for a Z06 when someone decided to drive it around when it was below 20.

Unfortunately a LOT of new cars have alignments that aren't "In Spec" from the factory..but yours is more than a tad excessive. Should certainly be a fun conversation with the service department!

Who expects to take a new car in for an alignment though? I know I didn't expect to but plan to from now on.

Oh I completely sympathize, if I buy a new car I expect my new car to be smack dab in perfect factory specs. Unfortunately more often than not it doesn't work out that way. From assembly, settling, loading/unloading in shipping, various other factors.. it's rather scary how far out some of them are.

We did wheels and tires on a 2016 Camaro that still had the dealer sticker on it, and the alignment was all kinda off. Unfortunately it happens :(