FS: 1987 Chevy R10 8' bed - $800

TimTaylor751647545500

Bought this truck last year with the intention of doing a build, but I just haven't had the time to get to it. And now with the selling of our place, I really don't feel like moving it to the new house (wherever that ends up being). These things are becoming quite popular and with all the parts available for them, this could be a really nice project for not a lot of money. I drove this from Westerville to my house in Johnstown and that's it. So I don't have much seat time with the truck. I will say that reverse is out and the y-pipe is cracked, so it's kinda loud. I put a new battery in in, but it's been sitting, so it'll need a jump and I'm pretty sure the alternator is bad because it won't charge the battery. Whomever had this truck tried to do some sort of plasti-dip on the entire body, so that's kind of strange (see pics). The frame is solid other than the rear bumper mounts which can be found at Classic Industries or LMC Truck. And there is a bit of rot on the core support, but again, you can purchase a new bolt-in replacement for fairly cheap. Hell, there's tons of parts for these trucks through either of those vendors.

This would have been a great LS swap candidate with being an '87 and 2wd, but at this point, I have too many big plans for the 442 to really devote much time, energy or money to the truck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/Truck/IMG_5831_zps2kxdvey1.jpg

The Bad: No reverse, charging issues, driver's side rocker is rusting out.

The Not-So-Bad: Rust in a few other areas on the body. Tailgate support on passenger side broken.

The Good: Use your imagination

Specs:

1987 Fuel Injected (first year) 4.3L V6 Custom Deluxe

A/C

Factory Tachometer

2WD

TH400 transmission (no reverse)

8' Bed

I'd like to get $1000, but am open to offers. We close on 6/30, so I'd like to get it out of here before then. I have the title, but I never got it put in my name, so I'm not sure what I need to do there.

Slideshow

Edited by TimTaylor75

I'm on a few. Didn't know about that one. Hate to join just to post something for sale.

I feel the same way when it comes to forums, but fb groups are different IMO. It's basically just a buy/sell/trade group for the most part anyway. There's always people there looking for cheap trucks.

If you have it listed on craigslist, let me know if you want me to share the link on the fb group

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way you can fix Reverse or does it need a new trans?

I know you don't want to work on it but I would think throwing a junkyard TH400 (there's 2 of them in Marengo for $200, according to car-part.com) would net you a fully-driving truck to either use or sell for over $1k...

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=USA&userIMS=&userInterchange=%40F%3DF&userSide=&userDate=1987&userDate2=1987&dbModel=15.28.73.73&userModel=Chevy%20Truck-10%20Series%20(1987%20Down)&dbPart=400.1&userPart=Transmission&sessionID=12000000004806176&userPreference=zip&userZip=43220&userLat=40.0480000&userLong=-83.0705000&userIntSelect=375595&userUID=0&userBroker=&userPage=1&iKey=

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...