1999 Corvette FRC *Mechanic Special*

BStowers023

Well, guys as some of you know I took a pretty big hit with my Vette recently. It's seems like there is a bad rod bearing as there is some tapping coming from the bottom end. I originally planned on buying a house this year with a garage and keeping this car for quite a while, but my situation has since changed and I've decided to put her up for sale and move into something new with a warranty so I don't have to deal with this unfortunate situation again.

The car is extremely clean inside and out, and has been garaged and it shows. The car ran great before this issue and I am very confident it will be a good car after it is corrected. Here are some of the details of the car...

1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe

112k miles (won't change as I obviously am not driving it currently)

-Brand New Monster Twin Disc Clutch

-1300+ Fuel system will stay on the car which is a LPE pump in tank with all new lines up to the rail and back with an aftermarket regulator. Magnafuel 4103 pump never wired up, however is plumbed to pull it's own fuel from the bottom of the tank and feed the same -10an feed line as the LPE pump. Basic LPE pump set-up now, but wire the Magnafuel to a hobbs switch or the like and the fuel system will support 1300+.

-Stock long block

-TSP Torquer 2 cam

-Ported 5.3 truck heads

-LS6 intake and fabricated valve covers are hydrodipped and the LS6 intake has a direct port kit plumbed on it that has never been wired.

-Dual 10# bottles included.

-Relocated Coil Packs

-Brand new LG Coil Overs installed

-Bottom of the car and all suspension items where cleaned and wire brushed while apart to really clean the car up.

-Z06 replica chrome wheels, Z06 seats, stick on z06 vents

-New XS-Power Longtube Headers w/ Catted X-pipe and Magnaflow Cat-back

-New stereo w/bluetooth with mic for hands free calls

The car has high quality parts on it and isn't far off from being set up to make some serious power depending what direction you'd want to go with fixing the issue or replacing the short block. With the LG Coilovers the car handles incredibly well. There is roughly $4-5k in the nitrous kit and suspension alone. I should note that the nitrous kit is brand new and have not sprayed the car as it is not completely hooked up. This is definitely a drivers car. Someday I would like to own another Vette (hopefully with better luck) but right now, I need to focus on reducing my debt/stress.

Due to the issue, I will not allow anybody to drive the car unless you show up with cash in hand and I can tell you are serious (NO TIRE KICKERS!). And even at that, the drive will be extremely limited just to ensure the car does in fact run and move. I don't mind starting the car for anyone who wants to come look at it though.

CR PRICE:

I understand I am going to take a big loss no matter what, but I'm willing to let the car for $11k as it sits with the complete nitrous kit. I would consider selling it for $10k without the nitrous kit if you plan on going a different direction with the car.

You don't start the car to pull the car to pulll the codes.

Here are the instructions to see if there are any codes:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/762697-c5-dic-codes-how-display-them-what-they-mean.html

Sorry to hear about the vette..I too own a 99

mace

Ah I see. I'll take a look at it. Appreciate it!

Nice! It's a clean car but man did the previous owner fuck me over pretty bad :mad: I just can't wait to get into something with a warranty

How so? You bought a car that was in fine shape and drove it. A unfortunate event took place that costs you some money. I don't see how the previous owner did anything wrong. Clearly they didn't hide anything it's just shit luck that it happened. I doubt the previous owner of my Camaro knew within 1,000 miles of me buying it the trans would explode. Just the name of the game when buying a used vehicle sometimes

How so? You bought a car that was in fine shape and drove it. A unfortunate event took place that costs you some money. I don't see how the previous owner did anything wrong. Clearly they didn't hide anything it's just shit luck that it happened. I doubt the previous owner of my Camaro knew within 1,000 miles of me buying it the trans would explode. Just the name of the game when buying a used vehicle sometimes

Regardless it doesn't matter now, the car is gone. You live and you learn.

Regardless it doesn't matter now, the car is gone. You live and you learn.

You don't seem like the type of person that would hide stuff, so hopefully the new owner knows everything he's getting into.

You don't seem like the type of person that would hide stuff, so hopefully the new owner knows everything he's getting into.

He does. He saw the same ad as the one posted here. Obviously I have no idea exactly the extent of the damage in the bottom end, but he understands it will need a rebuild and/or a new shortblock.

He does. He saw the same ad as the one posted here. Obviously I have no idea exactly the extent of the damage in the bottom end, but he understands it will need a rebuild and/or a new shortblock.

You buy it from an add on here?

Link to previous add?