Shots From Norwalk Race

wagner

Here are a few shots from Norwalk this weekend. I took over 2,500 between the on-track stuff I had to shoot, assets for other stories, and pictures for stories I'll be writing. That was with Friday being almost a total wash due to rain.

Oh and shooting Nitro cars trackside is a whole new level of crazy. You think they're loud in the stands until you're standing 4 feet from one as it screams by at full tilt. Also had one fire up beside me while I didn't have my ears on and covered me in raw fuel, damn work hazards...

http://www.dragzine.com/race-coverage/nhra-summit-racing-equipment-nationals-photo-coverage/

What a weekend of racing! Spent the whole day there Sunday, the level of noise and air compression even just from the FENCE is incredible. Brought a friend who had never been to a real world class facility nor had he ever seen the big boys really get down. Needless to say, he was impressed.

Got to watch the MAC team prepping between the semi finals and finals which really is impressive when you watch the engine ballet they perform.

What a weekend of racing! Spent the whole day there Sunday, the level of noise and air compression even just from the FENCE is incredible. Brought a friend who had never been to a real world class facility nor had he ever seen the big boys really get down. Needless to say, he was impressed.

Got to watch the MAC team prepping between the semi finals and finals which really is impressive when you watch the engine ballet they perform.

I have been to a ton of tracks and I compare them all to Norwalk, it's the platinum standard in my opinion. I've got some killer shots standing on the fence there due to how close you are.

The turnaround stuff is just crazy. I know that they calculate out if putting a new short block in will save time depending on the situation and will do that versus rebuilding the motor between rounds.

I got to talk with a Pro Mod team for about an hour about RacePak data and how they use it to figure out what the car and driving are doing. Specifically the use of a heart rate monitor on the driver and a steering wheel sensor to see what the driver is doing with the wheel vs what the car is doing on he run.