Photobucket are C**NTS

Smokey

Ok, so whats the solution people are going with?

Haven't decided. I use several different ones but liked Photobucket for CR and other message board stuff.

May just use Google photos as I have an account and already buy-up on plenty of storage. May use my own server too but I prefer to keep that for client work. Pbase is a 3rd alternative that I've used for over 15 years.

Ok, so whats the solution people are going with?

I have heard of people with not may pics only paying 2.99/mo? Can anyone confirm?

I cannot confirm that, but....if you were a Plus customer before June 1st 2017, photobucket has delayed photobucketing your pics until december 31st 2018. Plus used to be something like $30 a year so that would work out to roughly $3 per month, but the same thing now is $6 a month and doesn't include 3rd party hosting.

http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/

3. What users are affected by the changes to our 3rd Party Hosting

policies?

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party

hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,

you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd

Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your

subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not

have access to 3rd Party Hosting.

I cannot confirm that, but....if you were a Plus customer before June 1st 2017, photobucket has delayed photobucketing your pics until december 31st 2018. Plus used to be something like $30 a year so that would work out to roughly $3 per month, but the same thing now is $6 a month and doesn't include 3rd party hosting.

http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/

Wow they really went and FUCKED everyone? LOL

No wonder they have returned ZERO of my emails in 2 days

What is involved in self-hosting?

Wow they really went and FUCKED everyone? LOL

No wonder they have returned ZERO of my emails in 2 days

yup. There is a press release talking about their business model and how the advertising model has been making them less profitable and they are not sustainable. It also mentions that the high 3rd party hosting price is to target large industrial customers that can afford to pay it (whom these would be I have no idea).

What is involved in self-hosting?

Same as setting up a website. Get a domain name, and then pay for web-hosting services like from go daddy or square space.

or you can set up your own server, which someone else will have to tell you how to do.

I've tried to use Flickr today to post some pictures on my ST forum, but I can't get them to work. I've made it public, tried copying the URL, etc. What am I doing wrong?

they post a specific BB code that you need to use for forums.

Select the photo, click on the share icon, then highlight the BB code and that's what you need

Select the photo, click on the share icon, then highlight the BB code and that's what you need

Awesome. That works. Any idea how to do it from the iPhone app?

I've been playing around with Flickr. Haven't had a chance to download my stuff from photobucket and then delete everything on their site yet. Hopefully their user base will do that in droves.

Went in yesterday and purged my photos, deleted my account and told them greed has killed better sites than theirs. Before the "third party" BS I was ready to move as the ads had made the site such a PITA to use anyway.

I've tried to use Flickr today to post some pictures on my ST forum, but I can't get them to work. I've made it public, tried copying the URL, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Awesome. That works. Any idea how to do it from the iPhone app?

You can also go to the "Download Image" page and get the direct picture URL from whatever size you choose.