Health insurance question

Forrest Gump 9

just wondering if there are any options out there beside Healthmarketplace.

For the last two years or so we are on Obamacare. I, my wife, and my two boys we pay around $1100 a month. Literally each year I go to the doctor once, my two boys once each. My wife go to the family dr once a year, obgyn once a year, and twice to the boobies dr. And last time she went to the Dr we stucked with a bill that almost $4k. So I'm just wondering if there are any options out there. We are fit and healthy with no known diseases. Just tired of paying.

Damn, sorry to hear that man. I know we switched to a private pay insurance agent while I waited for my benefits to kick in, and my wife had quit her job. It was better than Obamacare and Cobra was ridiculous, and close to what you're paying.

A big part of my career change was the benefits. Now I have 100% company paid, and a $300/$600 family deductible. Maybe you should look into something similar, it's saved us thousands this year alone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wonder if there's going to be a point where a person in the couple gets a extremely low paying full-benefits job, so that the family covers health insurance. That seems nuts to me and I'm sure it happens, but when/if it becomes widespread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, your deductible must be $0. I'm paying $550/month for myself, my wife and my baby with CareSource. Maybe switch to a plan with a higher deductible. I'm also looking into finding a decent insurance agent to plan ahead for next year's switch.

This isn't insurance, and where I work (Mount Carmel), and my girlfriend (works for Ohio Health) both consider it a non contract plan, so if we bill $10k and they try to take a discount of 7k, we don't adjust it. Also, if you look at those cards when presented, it even says "this is not insurance, bill the patient as self pay" or something of that nature. I have an example at work I could get the exact wording, as I handle commercial non-contract.

This isn't insurance, and where I work (Mount Carmel), and my girlfriend (works for Ohio Health) both consider it a non contract plan, so if we bill $10k and they try to take a discount of 7k, we don't adjust it. Also, if you look at those cards when presented, it even says "this is not insurance, bill the patient as self pay" or something of that nature. I have an example at work I could get the exact wording, as I handle commercial non-contract.

Everything you say is true. It is not insurance. It's a medical sharing plan. The first $5000 deductible is yours. My wife and I've been doing it for over a year now and we present the cards to most physicians in most will be happy to except cash as payment and will reduce the bill accordingly. Everybody needs to make their own decisions. This just happens to be the best one for me, without being raped by the insurance companies these days. Profitability of the insurance companies went up over 300% in the past eight years. Top CEOs are making in excess of $25 million annually. I can't control what happens in the world, but I refuse to be a victim.

just wondering if there are any options out there beside Healthmarketplace.

For the last two years or so we are on Obamacare. I, my wife, and my two boys we pay around $1100 a month. Literally each year I go to the doctor once, my two boys once each. My wife go to the family dr once a year, obgyn once a year, and twice to the boobies dr. And last time she went to the Dr we stucked with a bill that almost $4k. So I'm just wondering if there are any options out there. We are fit and healthy with no known diseases. Just tired of paying.

Call Kelly Parton and tell him I sent you...he should be able to help. If not, tell him he owes you a beer. :)

614-589-3726

-Marc

As someone who used to work in healthcare professionally, I can tell you the whole system is flawed from the hospitals to the insurance companies.

From regulations that do not let the insurance companies compete to $50+ Tylenol being handed out like candy at hospitals.

Every time we let someone else pay our bills those bills get very expensive. The same thing happened to college when loans were so readily available. It's like P.J. O'Rourke said - “If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free."

Also, it's funny that GTO isn't in here spewing his liberal bullshit. I guess hard to make an argument against real life experiences (facts) instead of his typical hypothetical propaganda.

First off, you just summoned him. Good job. :nono:

Second of all, OF COURSE Kerry has been crafting a response. He's compiling his thoughts, making sure to correctly cite credble sources for reference material, and will be copypasta'ing momentarily.

Waiting for CR_healthcare.doc drop in 3....2....1....:D