Dunkirk

BStowers023

Saw it yesterday at the Lennox in IMAX. Great movie and 100% worth it to pay to see it in theater and pay the extra for IMAX. Incredible audio and way different than I expected. If you're into history and/or war movies. Go see this.

There was like 28 minutes of total dialogue throughout the whole movie. That's all it needed the visuals and the perfect Hans Zimmer score told the story just fine.

This is one you DEFINITELY have to see in IMAX.

There was like 28 minutes of total dialogue throughout the whole movie. That's all it needed the visuals and the perfect Hans Zimmer score told the story just fine.

This is one you DEFINITELY have to see in IMAX.

Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer on a movie is a recipe for a great flick. I don't think i have disliked any movie those two have done together.

As soon as i heard Nolan was doing a WWII flick I knew it was going to be epic. From all of the reviews everyone says its the perfect mix of action and drama and story telling, I can't wait to see it this weekend. And this will be the rare occassion I go out of my way to see it in Imax.

I often get miffed when watching a movie that has such useless and loud background noise that I can't hear the dialogue. I found myself feeling the same way about 1/3 of the way through this movie. By the end, I realized it didn't matter. This is a movie meant to be watched and felt, not watched and heard.

I often get miffed when watching a movie that has such useless and loud background noise that I can't hear the dialogue. I found myself feeling the same way about 1/3 of the way through this movie. By the end, I realized it didn't matter. This is a movie meant to be watched and felt, not watched and heard.

I felt the same way about Interstellar, the opening scene was so loud to give you that effect, but it wasn't over any dialogue.

So I watched the movie again, in IMAX (loser I know) and man, this movie is SO CLOSE to being a top 3 war movie ever made IMO but I don't know if I can get it there. There was one obvious thing keeping it from there. *Spoiler* kind of... There was no gore almost at all. If they made the movie at least closer to Private Rysn, maybe not quite that far but at least meet it somewhere in the middle it's easily a 4 star movie and top 3 war movie of all time for me.

It still might be top 5 in my book and possibly top 3. Still thinking about it

The lack of gore was really a non-issue for me. I found the movie able to effectively convey the horrors of war even without the gore. Normally I'd say without the gore the, it's hard to drive home the point, but I didn't feel that way at all. I left that movie Happy, Sad, Humbled, and Amazed.

Tried to see it tonight after my game but there were no late showing's at crosswoods. Trying to go out of my way to see it in Imax. With my work schedule i can't really make it to the movies on a weekday so it looks like im waiting until next weekend