Robotic vacuum?

zeitgeist57

http://deals.kinja.com/lifes-too-short-for-vacuuming-pawn-it-off-to-a-robot-1797712540

Anyone use an iRobot or Roomba vacuum? I'd like to outsource at least 90% of this job. Wondering if this is something that other people use?

Looked at them heavily but held off due to size of the rooms we needed done as they move slow. We can chat at CC&C in the morning if you're there. I'll see if I can dig up the sites I used as a review center.

Parents have had several roombas...

And only one Neato, for the last 3 1/2 years.

Go with Neato, they just hold up way better, and don't just hit bounce around at random like the older roombas used to, they will actually leave perfectly aligned lines on carpet. Bed bath & beyond + coupons are your friends on these things.

Parents have had several roombas...

And only one Neato, for the last 3 1/2 years.

Go with Neato, they just hold up way better, and don't just hit bounce around at random like the older roombas used to, they will actually leave perfectly aligned lines on carpet. Bed bath & beyond + coupons are your friends on these things.

The Roomba's with the camera in top will go in straight lines too. That's at least the 900 series and may have trickled down to lower lines by now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No pets. All wood/tile floors with some area rugs.
It may work reasonably well then. It seemed to help on our wood floors where I used to have to sweep multiple times per week. Now I'm not doing that as often, but also depends on where it goes, since I have one of the random ones.

We have cats and their hair quickly gets tangled around the brushes, making them pretty useless.

If you have a pet that sometimes poops on the floor, do not use one of these. It will smear it all over your house.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We have a lower level Roomba in our family room, where the kids and dogs spend the most time. Tile floor covered 75% by area rug. It took us a while to appreciate it, but we use it almost every day now. It's the $400ish version.

It wouldn't be much use in our middle level where the dogs (and kids!) are gated from the living/dining room.

We'll get a better model for upstairs when we're ready to drop $800 on a vacuum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I bought this on prime day and it’s awesome! I was not sold on the whole robot vacuum thing but thought this was cheap enough to try without the Roomba price tag. It is scheduled to run every day at 8:15 am and will return home when it is finished. I have 2 cats and an English bulldog that shed all the time and does not have issues. We also have steps in the downstairs and it has drop detection so it doesn’t tumble down the steps.

My mom is a clean freak, she put a whole vac in because she vacuums everyday.(says it’s a stress reliever) I took it over one day to test compared to her home vac and it filled the half way and she just vacuumed an hour before, she has no pets btw.

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Charging-Drop-Sensing-Technology-Allergens-Designed/dp/B01LYCLS24

No pets. All wood/tile floors with some area rugs.

1,200 sq ft of hard surface with a few area rugs in 3-4 rooms/areas here. $20 MicroFiber Dust mop from Lowes & a rechargable Dyson unit and 10 minutes of my time makes short work of our pet hair.

I just couldn't see spending $800 on a robot that would take forever and need to recharge between uses to finish. Let me know how you fair if you get one.

I have looked at getting one, but something like this really worries me

https://www.today.com/home/when-roomba-met-dog-poop-man-s-poopocalypse-goes-viral-t101883

This is why our dogs aren't allowed in certain parts of the house, like where the Roomba lives!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk