Tech guys, looking for ip cam advice

gillbot

I currently run ContaCam software along with yawcam (for a 720p webcam to convert it to an ip cam) and two trendnet TV-IP751W cameras. The wireless on the trendnet cameras suck as it drops constantly and even 6 feet away with 1 wall it diminishes the signal so much it nearly renders them useless. Resolution is low but for general use they work ok.

What I'd like is to expand but the last few cameras I purchased were garbage and were returned already. I'm also cheap so I don't want to spend loads of money only for them to not work out well or have a terrible image.

My plans:

1) At least one 1080p camera pointing out front to give resolution to see faces or plates clear enough. It can be inside in a window so wired is fine and probably more reliable.

2) two cams on the my garage, one inside preferably with decent night vision just to keep an eye on things within. I have power line networking out there for reliability. The second would be outdoor mounted on the front of the garage looking down the driveway

3) two or three cams inside one downstairs covering my office which also houses valuables and other items. the others perhaps upstairs covering the entry doors

4) one in my daughters room looking out her bedroom window covering the back yard and the side entry of the garage

I've purchased so many cameras and they don't seem to work well or at least with contacam. I'm looking for camera suggestions and perhaps a better software suite that has better compatibility.

I currently run ContaCam software along with yawcam (for a 720p webcam to convert it to an ip cam) and two trendnet TV-IP751W cameras. The wireless on the trendnet cameras suck as it drops constantly and even 6 feet away with 1 wall it diminishes the signal so much it nearly renders them useless. Resolution is low but for general use they work ok.

What I'd like is to expand but the last few cameras I purchased were garbage and were returned already. I'm also cheap so I don't want to spend loads of money only for them to not work out well or have a terrible image.

My plans:

1) At least one 1080p camera pointing out front to give resolution to see faces or plates clear enough. It can be inside in a window so wired is fine and probably more reliable.

2) two cams on the my garage, one inside preferably with decent night vision just to keep an eye on things within. I have power line networking out there for reliability. The second would be outdoor mounted on the front of the garage looking down the driveway

3) two or three cams inside one downstairs covering my office which also houses valuables and other items. the others perhaps upstairs covering the entry doors

4) one in my daughters room looking out her bedroom window covering the back yard and the side entry of the garage

I've purchased so many cameras and they don't seem to work well or at least with contacam. I'm looking for camera suggestions and perhaps a better software suite that has better compatibility.

Lorex

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I have not come across anything mentioned in any of the bad reviews. I literally plugged the DVR in and all the cameras synced up automatically. Took less than 15min to be up and running with the mobile app working flawless and night time quality is 3x what I expected.

Alot of bad reviews mention the support line, I called them to order it and they were located in Iowa and I spoke with very nice educated americans no robo receptionist. The reviews are so far from my experience I am inclined to say those are fake reviews.

FYI I have the 4ch Wireless setup

Any suggestions for systems?

Depends upon the application. I have installed the BNC and Ethernet versions. Honestly, running the lines are the most difficult parts.

The PTZs are nice, and the night time vision is above decent IMO.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I think I am going to buy two systems so I don't have to run too many lines.

It would cover the main entrances and eliminiate the headache of running lines.

The thing about cameras is once you install them, you will likely never need them.