Grabers Pole Barns

Rocky31186

In my 6 month search of customizing, price checking, and finding a company I ran across Grabers, an amish ran company. Emma helped me design, pick colors, door sizing, spacing, etc. Placed an order and within 2 weeks the contractor (Leroy Mast from Mast construction) Came to install my shop. His crew had the framing up the first day, back siding and roof on the 2nd day, and the rest of the siding, trim, and all doors done by 2pm the 3rd day. 2.5 days of work and I have ZERO complaints. I have OCD about things being done correctly, especially when it comes to this type of money. Siding screws are in perfect lines, everything is level and straight.

I went with two 16' wide x 12' tall doors. And a size of 48' long, 32' deep, and 14' tall and I couldn't be happier.

Next up is installing my electric and Sam Demeter coming out to lay the floor.

Highly recommend Grabers for any shop needs.

https://www.grabersoakflooring.com/pole-barns/

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/rocky31186/Mobile%20Uploads/20170813_130057_zpsldrkln8j.jpg

Nice looking set up. Any pics 0f the inside?

This is the only one I have inside.. It makes my 18' dove tail look like a 5x8...

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/rocky31186/Mobile%20Uploads/20170813_125734_zpsmhmb5mmi.jpg

Any price ballpark for something like that, maybe per sqft if that's less personal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Best to just contact Grabers for a quick quote. What you'll find is some things I spec'd out isn't what others want..

Very nice. I'm about to start picking up side work to make the cash so we can move some place where I can do this.

We lucked out big time because in our township there are no building codes. So much easier process.

Will the concrete make the bottom flush? Looks like a lot of room.

You back fill with gravel to bring the base up to level. Having the building high not only matches the house height but keeps water away from the building.

After concrete and getting settled with my work benches and cabinets the lift will be installed in the far bay.

I had a terrible experience with grabers. Emma sounds sweet on the phone while discussing options lol.

I bought 3500 sqft of pre finished hardwood from them. None of it was milled correctly. It was all junk. Not only did I waste money it set opening my business back two weeks.

Edited by Lauren

Very nice. Why didn't you do the floor first? My understanding is that it will be more difficult for the person doing the concrete, so they charge more.

No real difficult to it, scrape top layer off, back fill with gravel and concrete. Sam is doing the concrete and this is how he suggested to do it.

Very nice. Why didn't you do the floor first? My understanding is that it will be more difficult for the person doing the concrete, so they charge more.

that's what I was thinking. When I did mine, I was told to have the top soil out and a base of gravel down first which I did.. then put on the banner boards, more gravel, then concrete.

That looks great. Id like something like that maybe not quite as large. Feel like to have it built, floor put in, electrical and insulation is a second mortgage worth.. ugh.

always build bigger than you think you'll need... I thought 40x50 was bigger than I'd ever need... now I'm wishing I would have built twice the size. From a guy who has had a pole barn for 8 years now... YES it's absolutely worth it. price around, don't be afraid to do work yourself and then it's surprisingly more affordable than you think it would be.

always build bigger than you think you'll need... I thought 40x50 was bigger than I'd ever need... now I'm wishing I would have built twice the size. From a guy who has had a pole barn for 8 years now... YES it's absolutely worth it. price around, don't be afraid to do work yourself and then it's surprisingly more affordable than you think it would be.

This. 100% this.

We're adding on to dads next year it seems. More project trucks means more room.

Yeah I wanted a 30x40 but everyone said go bigger. Down side is the price increase. I helped a friend build his entire barn and I will never do that again, so paying someone to have it done in 2.5 days was great.

As for concrete you can do it a million ways, if your concrete guy prefers one way then that's the way you go.

Yeah I wanted a 30x40 but everyone said go bigger. Down side is the price increase. I helped a friend build his entire barn and I will never do that again, so paying someone to have it done in 2.5 days was great.

As for concrete you can do it a million ways, if your concrete guy prefers one way then that's the way you go.

agreed... and no, I wouldn't build the bard like put up the walls and frame, I agree, it was worth paying, but out sourcing the gravel install, put in your own insulation, install your garage door and openers, run your own electric... that stuff is not bad, take your time and it will be fine. also get some drywall or plywood or something on the ceiling to help trap the cool in the summer and heat in the winter or everything will blow right out making it impossible to get to hold a temperature except extremes.

agreed... and no, I wouldn't build the bard like put up the walls and frame, I agree, it was worth paying, but out sourcing the gravel install, put in your own insulation, install your garage door and openers, run your own electric... that stuff is not bad, take your time and it will be fine. also get some drywall or plywood or something on the ceiling to help trap the cool in the summer and heat in the winter or everything will blow right out making it impossible to get to hold a temperature except extremes.

For sure. The Amish installed the garage doors and springs so that was good. Electric and gravel I'm doing myself. I've been reading many different ways of insulating. Once concrete is in i will be studding the walls and insulating but I'm not sure what I want to cover with. Not a fan of OSB.. I do have a few sheets of 14' siding left over I thought about using on the walls. And I have seen where people use white pro rib siding on the ceiling and blow in insulation above it. I may go that route but I imagine mounting siding sheets on the ceiling will be a pain.

I used the inch and a half foam insulation for the walls and drywall on the ceiling... make sure it's the water resistant drywall though because of humidity. Now if I heat the garage in the dead of winter, it holds in the heat all day with minimal turning the heater back on.