2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

Doesnt matter at all. If we win out we are in. If we lose again (anywhere) we won't be in thats pretty much all it comes down too.

EDIT:

Think about it...

We beat Penn State, Michigan, win the conference championship. How could we not be in? Doesn't matter what Oklahoma does or doesn't do.

I hate saying it and consistently want OSU to lose, but I can see that happening that they make it in if they run the table.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the year we see two teams from she conference in the play offs.

Top four teams

Bama

Clemson

Penn st

Georgia

The PAC 12 is a mess and the big 12 will cannibalized itself in the pursuing weeks.

Michigan has been a joke of a team all year. I believe they still have Wisconsin and Penn st on their schedule. They will be a three loss team before the game.

Penn st OSU game is going to be crazy. If Penn st wins they solidify themselves as a playoff team. If OSU wins and wins big 10 they should be in but if tcu wins out and Georgia wins out and only loses go bama in sec championship game you will see bama and Georgia in playoffs as well as Clemson and TCU. The committee has already set the precedent for non champs jumping teams.

I think this is the year we see two teams from she conference in the play offs.

Top four teams

Bama

Clemson

Penn st

Georgia

The PAC 12 is a mess and the big 12 will cannibalized itself in the pursuing weeks.

Michigan has been a joke of a team all year. I believe they still have Wisconsin and Penn st on their schedule. They will be a three loss team before the game.

Penn st OSU game is going to be crazy. If Penn st wins they solidify themselves as a playoff team. If OSU wins and wins big 10 they should be in but if tcu wins out and Georgia wins out and only loses go bama in sec championship game you will see bama and Georgia in playoffs as well as Clemson and TCU. The committee has already set the precedent for non champs jumping teams.

I've never seen anyone who has no connections to the state or school or conference have such rose colored glasses as you do. Congrats.

Serious question for everyone, how many games a weekend do you actually watch besides your favorite team?

I watch at least 4 games every Saturday.

As many as possible. I watched at least large chunks of 5 that I can remember yesterday. My wife even thinks it's ridic I watch no name teams like Rice or Tulane on any given thursday at times. lol

Serious question for you: do you TRULY believe Alabama's schedule warrants the kind of hype you're posting here and IF they lose 1 with literally no ranked teams on their entire schedule, do you believe they deserve to be in over tOSU IF tOSU wins out and their 1 loss is to OK?

Bama has number 10 auburn on their schedule and number four Georgia on their schedule. I would say they are very deserving. I would easily say auburn is the best one loss team in the country right now with their only loss coming from Clemson in a 14-6 game.

Bama has number 10 auburn on their schedule and number four Georgia on their schedule.

Wrong. UGA isn't on their schedule. Aub will have 2 losses. Won't be a top 10 by end of the year.

I would say they are very deserving. I would easily say auburn is the best one loss team in the country right now with their only loss coming from Clemson in a 14-6 game.

Well, of course you would. I wouldn't expect anything else. Why even talk about any of the one loss non-SEC teams that lost to ranked opponents? That'd be silly. I guess Auburn has the most "quality loss".

Wait...who was it that said they hate discussing "quality" losses? I forget. :confused::lol:

Don't be dumb. I was.referring to when bama and Georgia meet in the sec championship game

So then Ohio State has #3 Penn State, #21 Michigan State, #17 Michigan, and #7 Wisconsin on their schedule. What's your point?

My response was to yenner regarding Georgia on bamas schedule. But let's look at OSU opponents current ranking now and what they have before they play the buckeyes.

Sparty will lose 2 out of the next four games before playing OSU. They will be unranked.

Michigan will be a 3 loss team before playing the buckeyes. I think they lose to Indiana and Penn st.

Penn st is the only legitimate team Ohio st will face all year.

Wisconsin is running through a bunch of garbage teams right now. They haven't been faced at all. Its possible as terrible as Michigan is they can knocked them off otherwise I think indiana upsets whisky. By the b1g champ game Wisconsin will not be a top ten team.

So then Ohio State has #3 Penn State, #21 Michigan State, #17 Michigan, and #7 Wisconsin on their schedule. What's your point?

Precisely. They have the weakest schedule in the top tier teams but ol' Lauren refuses to admit it yet hypocritically has talked the same talk about tOSU in the past. :lolguy:

My response was to yenner regarding Georgia on bamas schedule. But let's look at OSU opponents current ranking now and what they have before they play the buckeyes.

Sparty will lose 2 out of the next four games before playing OSU. They will be unranked.

Michigan will be a 3 loss team before playing the buckeyes. I think they lose to Indiana and Penn st.

Penn st is the only legitimate team Ohio st will face all year.

Wisconsin is running through a bunch of garbage teams right now. They haven't been faced at all. Its possible as terrible as Michigan is they can knocked them off otherwise I think indiana upsets whisky. By the b1g champ game Wisconsin will not be a top ten team.

You could easily exchange those teams for the SEC teams and if you think differently and can't admit that 'Bama has a cake schedule there is no hope in having an intelligent discussion with you regarding NCAAF.

At least I can admit tOSU looks awful this year. We get little slivers of hope, but that's it.

Take off the shades son.

This is Bama and the Bulldogs schedules respectively.

Alabama

Florida State

Fresno State

CO State

Vanderbilt

Mississippi

Texas A&M

Arkansas

Tennessee

LSU

MS State

Mercer

Auburn

Georgia

APP State

Notre Dame

Samford

MS State

Tennessee

Vandy

Missouri

Florida

South Carolina

Auburn

Kentucky

GT

I know Lauren is a die hard Tide/SEC fan, but I hope you don't look at these schedules and think there aren't a handful of NCAA teams that wouldn't run the table as well with this joke of a lineup. The SEC has Bama, Georgia and Auburn and sadly I think Georgia will implode like they do every year, start out hot and fall apart. I'm sure they'll see another prestigious Tax Slayer Bowl.

This isn't 2015 or 2016 when the SEC ball riding was at its all-time highest: the Top 25 preseason had 9 teams(2015, 5 in Top 10) and 6 teams(2016, 4 in Top 10)...the only similarity I can see is how many were left in the Top 10...and that would be just Bama.

It's like a known thing throughout college football that Alabama's schedule is a complete joke with evidence backing it. The only way you can claim Ohio State's schedule is a joke is by predicting future worst case scenario hypotheticals like Michigan State losing to Minnesota and Michigan losing to Indiana which is absolutely ridiculous.

You act like UGA is something great for beating down with their only real good win being against Notre Dame by 1 point who nobody thinks is a national title contender.

I'm not discrediting Alabama as I think they are legitimately a top 1-3 team this year. But don't pretend like they have some brutal schedule or that the SEC is good when it's hot garbage. It's pretty much Alabama......................... Aurbun,Georgia and then everybody else.

Penn State will be a top 3 team when they play OSU.

Michigan State will have 2 losses (other being to PSU) when they play OSU and will be a top 20 team.

Iowa will be a 2 loss team and very well could be a top 25 team when OSU plays them

Michigan will probably be a 2 loss team when they play OSU and a likely top 10 team.

and IF Ohio State gets to the B1G championship they will play a probable 0-1 loss and top 8 Wisconsin team.

Those are realistic hypotheticals. Not hypotheticals assuming a top 15 team will lose to

B1G bottom feeders

Its not a hypothetical. I'm stating sporty won't be ranked by the OSU game and Michigan will be a 2/3 loss team by the Game. Might even be un ranked. So with that OSU will only have faced 2 ranked opponents and they already lost to one