2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandy did have the number one defense in the country coming into this game.

Pretty sure about 20 other teams in the NCAA would too with this schedule.

Sep. 2 Blue Raiders at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, TN 7:00pm CT

Won 28-6

Sep. 9 Bulldogs Alabama A&M Bulldogs

Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN 3:00pm CT

Won 42-0

Sep. 16 Wildcats Kansas State Wildcats

Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN 6:30pm CT

Won 14-7

I mean for crying out loud "Bama" A&M has lost their games 125-7. Don't sit here and act like Vanderbilt is anything.

I know I'm a biased Buckeye fan, and that the rankings don't mean shit this early in the season, but how does a Wiscy team that didn't even play this week, jump us in the AP?

I was wondering the same thing... I mean I know it was UNLV but we still beat them soundly.

Probably because a undefeated whisky team is better then a one loss OSU team

So because Wisconsin has been played literally nobody they're better than a team who has played a top 3 team and lost? So essentially what you're saying is play nobody's and stay undefeated and we will recognize you as better. Well not just you, clearly the AP voters think so too. Teams get punished for playing a hard schedule now :dumb:

I'm pretty worried about Penn St. The McSorley and Barkley combo is pretty insane. I think Barkley is the best player in college football and McSorley is top 5, at least offensively. They have a stout defense too. It's hard for me to see us beating them how we're playing now. The little bubble screen and designed QB rush with a slow QB works fine against teams like Army and UNLV but it's been proven time and time again it won't work against anyone with a solid defense.

Hasn't that always been the case with AP polls? They are always based off of pretty season ranking and some teams are over valued from the get go. I would rather see a top ten with undefeated teams vs one loss teams ahead of undefeated ones in the P5. It drives me crazy that a big brand gets more value and stays ranked high.

Hasn't that always been the case with AP polls? They are always based off of pretty season ranking and some teams are over valued from the get go. I would rather see a top ten with undefeated teams vs one loss teams ahead of undefeated ones in the P5. It drives me crazy that a big brand gets more value and stays ranked high.

So let's say Alabama played Clemson 2nd week of the season and lost a nail biter 34-31 in a great game they should be below let's say an Oklahoma State team who has 3 wins against Georgia Southern, Texas State and UT San Antonio?

Take Florida St for example. A team that started the season ranked number 2 and now not even ranked.

Ohio St is another team that was ranked way to high to start the season. I know you will all call me a hater but its true. They just didn't lose to Oklahoma they got destroyed. But their cupcakes they play they look invincible

Take Florida St for example. A team that started the season ranked number 2 and now not even ranked.

Called that on the first page. Just for the hype of the game, turns out OSU was the same. I don't think OSU is deserving of a top 15 ranking yet. It's hard to consider someone a contender when they don't show up for Prime Time games. (also looking at you Andy Dalton and the Bengals)

The only thing that matters at the end of the season is record and if you won your conference championship or not in my opinion.

And if we are going by eye test, Ohio state doesn't pass the eye test.

Who does pass the eye test so far this year? The only teams I can really think of are Oklahoma and maybe Clemson so far. Alabama hasn't look impressive IMO.

And are you seriously trying to pull the quality loss card? I've been here five years and listened to how bull shit the quality loss was used for sec teams and now since its for your team you are going to pull it. Gtfo

No but when comparing 2 teams where team A went out of their way to play a tough non-conference opponent where as team B chose to take the easy route and play garbage out of conference how can you reward team B?

Ohio St is another team that was ranked way to high to start the season. I know you will all call me a hater but its true. They just didn't lose to Oklahoma they got destroyed. But their cupcakes they play they look invincible

The irony in your statements in this thread are overwhelming.

They should do away with ALL rankings until week 8. Period. End all this bullshit.

My man.

Anybody watch the bama Game last night. Total domination yet again. This team is scary on offense now that we have a legit passing game and we have a 6 running back set that just chews up the field. The defense is playing lights out as well.

Georgia is also looking legit.

I would say bama clemson Oklahoma Georgia and Penn St are the best teams in football by a long shot.

Oh and can we stop with the xyz team is a playoff contender because they knocked off one team. Washington st isn't a playoff contender just because they knocked off USC. USC was over valued from preseason and got exposed.