2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

Well what was looking like it would be a historic recruiting class, even by our standards has went from that to just a really good recruiting class as we have lost some 4 and 5 star guys and might lose another tonight.

Micah Parson to Penn State after the stupid picture taking issue on gameday with Kirk and Eddie (FU NCAA)

Emory Jones to Florida after he realized he doesn't want to wait to start

Jackson Carman who was viewed as a lock has now informed OSU he will not be signing with them and it likely to sign with Clemson

Jaiden Woodbey is about 50/50 right now on either Ohio State or FSU/USC

I've never understood why anyone had Carman as an OSU lock. He has said for months that he didn't like many aspects of going to OSU, namely people expecting him to go to OSU.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on this board care about college football anymore?

Anyways, big game tonight! Obviously not as excited as I would be if we had a chance to play another game after this, but this is the best consolation prize for both teams not being in the playoffs.

USC plays with a 6 man front and drop 5 back into coverage. They struggle stopping the run which gives us a huge advantage if we take it. I'm worried Dobbins will get 10-12 touches in the 1st half for like 100+ yards and then we will completely go away from it for literally no reason. If we can exploit USCs inability to stop the run, this game COULD get ugly if our defense shows up. With that being said, if Meyer doesn't have his guys prepared like he hasn't the past few years for a couple games, this game COULD get ugly...for us. I just hope to god we don't overthink this shit. Do what we do best, pound the ball up the middle, drain the clock and score on every possession like you're capable of.

Final prediction

OSU 34

USS 21

I think your score prediction is a good one - the team is saying all the right things and, if they show up, they should control this game. USC is a year or 2 away. That being said, a great QB can cover a lot of flaws and they have a great QB.

How about the Big Ten so far?

Yeah the B1G looks good. Our biggest games are coming up though starting tonight with the Buckeyes. Honestly it's very possible the B1G goes undefeated in bowls. I think every team left is favored.

Ohio State > USC

Wisconsin > Miami

Penn State > Washington

Michigan > South Carolina

How foolish would the committee look if the B1G did go undefeated in their bowl games?

Well the B1G actually matches up properly this year because we dont have a team in the playoff. 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and so on. If OSU made the playoff it would be 1 vs B1G 2, 2 vs B1G 3, etc

how foolish did they look last year putting us in over penn state?

Yeah it's frustrating. The B1G has gotten embarrassed the last 2 years in the playoff and really no excuse because both MSU and OSU were good enough to make both of those games more of a game than they were. With that being said, the committee got it wrong both years. In 2015 the best team in the B1G was OSU. In 2016 the best team in the B1G was PSU. I think the playoff outcomes would have been much different. OSU could have won the NC in 2015 but I think PSU would have lost in the 1st round in 2016 but would have made a game of it.

Ohio St is playing great but these refs are ruining this game for me. Terrible no calls and spots. Refs and replay are ruining football

Always have to find an excuse, eh? :lol:

Anywho, these announcers are annoying as hell.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that these terrible refs are SEC refs.