2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit unsure about Clemson going into this game. I knew their defense was good but their offense reminded me a bit of OSU's last year. Against a fast, athletic and strong defense like Alabama it's going to cause fits for an offense that struggles against quality teams and cakes it on against the scrubs, minus Syracuse :lolguy:

All in all, I think the committee got it right. After seeing Bama wipe the floor with Clemson, they definitely deserved that 4th spot, it just makes me wonder 'what if' now. I mean, watching Clemson struggle so badly makes me think we would have had a pretty good shot against them this year.

I was a bit unsure about Clemson going into this game. I knew their defense was good but their offense reminded me a bit of OSU's last year. Against a fast, athletic and strong defense like Alabama it's going to cause fits for an offense that struggles against quality teams and cakes it on against the scrubs, minus Syracuse :lolguy:

All in all, I think the committee got it right. After seeing Bama wipe the floor with Clemson, they definitely deserved that 4th spot, it just makes me wonder 'what if' now. I mean, watching Clemson struggle so badly makes me think we would have had a pretty good shot against them this year.

I was calling for a Bama OSU play in game as soon as OSU beat Wisconsin. That would have shut all of us up about who should have been in. Bama's D decimated Clemson last night. It was silly how bad they made Clemson look.

As much as I want to boast about how OSU should have been playing in the playoff, I just can't. The reason, JT Barrett. We have, well had now a quarterback with the inability to complete a forward pass beyond 10 yards. USC shut our offense down for the most part, we would rely way too much on our defense and eventually they would get worn out, just like against Clemson last year, Oklahoma this year.

I think we could have made a game of Clemson, but I think Alabama would grind us down just like they did Clemson. If USC's defense could really slow us down, imagine Alabama.

It's okay though. The light at the end of the tunnel (JTs last game) is now behind us and we can look forward to having a QB who can get our elite play makers the ball and score on teams who actually play defense and not just the bottom feeders.

As much as I want to boast about how OSU should have been playing in the playoff, I just can't. The reason, JT Barrett. We have, well had now a quarterback with the inability to complete a forward pass beyond 10 yards. USC shut our offense down for the most part, we would rely way too much on our defense and eventually they would get worn out, just like against Clemson last year, Oklahoma this year.

I think we could have made a game of Clemson, but I think Alabama would grind us down just like they did Clemson. If USC's defense could really slow us down, imagine Alabama.

It's okay though. The light at the end of the tunnel (JTs last game) is now behind us and we can look forward to having a QB who can get our elite play makers the ball and score on teams who actually play defense and not just the bottom feeders.

There is a pretty heavy debate on if OSU just went conservative against USC because they knew their defense could win the game, or if the coaches had their heads up their asses.

My take is the latter, because they had no reason to play an open and loose game against Wisconsin with someone on the line and a QB with a bum leg, then turn around and say "nope we can't do this" against a team in an exhibition game.

Georgia, and the B1G officials, gave that game away and any real football fan knows it.

Fixed that for you. For fucks sake, could this shit be anymore obvious. Alabama gets called for fucking NOTHING. Throw a punch? Attack your coach? Perfect! Back in the game, you go.

Tua did look pretty good. All bull shit aside it was an entertaining Championship game and you can't discredit Saban he's clearly one of if not the best out there.

Still think we need to go to 8 team's (NEVER MORE) and get this over with.